cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriTtCMfOfNz
Asteroid

Can't update Samsung Health App to show new Galaxy Watch Active and remove a prior Galaxy Fit

Greetings.  I have seen a few similar posts on this but could not tell if they were resolved.  My issue is I just got a new Galaxy Watch Active to replace a previous Galaxy Fit.  After installing and pairing the new Galaxy Watch Active with my Samsung Galaxy S10+ , I removed the Galaxy Fit from the Bluetooth device pairing section.  However, the Galaxy Fit still appears in the Samsung Health app under "View your step count data."  Also, the newly paired Galaxy Watch Active does not appear here as it should, although it is paired and communicating with the S10+ fine. 

I tried deleting the data and cache from the Samsung Health app, but the same thing occurred.

Has anyone found resolution for this problem?

Best,

Mj

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't update Samsung Health App to show new Galaxy Watch Active and remove a prior Galaxy Fit

Hi, I would recommend reaching out to your Samsung Health team directly for more assistance on this matter. They can be reached via 888-899-7609.

useriTtCMfOfNz
Asteroid

Re: Can't update Samsung Health App to show new Galaxy Watch Active and remove a prior Galaxy Fit

Thanks-I will do that.

DwayneM
Asteroid

This community is useless if the only answers being provided for problems that many are seeing is to"contact the Samsung Health team directly" How about posting actual solutions to problems, like this one, that many see encountering?

useriTtCMfOfNz
Asteroid

Thanks, and your point is well taken.  Let me elaborate on what transpired when I contacted the Samsung Health tech support team.

1.  Overall they were extremely helpful and professional.  Someone remoted in to my device from Samsung and we went through multiple actions, which were:

- Unpair the watch and phone

- Factory reset on Galaxy watch active

- Remove and reinstall the Galaxy wearables app

- Remove and reetablish the synch connections between the phone and the Samsing Health app

- The last recommendation from the tech was to do a factory reset on my phone, which I declined due to previous problems with restoring devices using that method, even with backups.  Also though I have no data to support my assertion, I suspect the underlying reason for the problem is that data from the Samsung Health app may be backed up to a cloud server somewhere and is re-downloaded after a reset.  The only other possibility is that a local file is stored on the device (in which case a reset might actually help, but again I didn't try that) and needs to be deleted.  If my phone was rooted I'd probably go poking around in a terminal shell and try and find it.

2.  End result:  problem was not fixed, and Samsung Health app still shows the previous device.

I hope this helps.

Best, M