JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't use remote control function on Spotify with Galaxy Watch Active2 on iOS

(Topic created: 06-08-2020 09:07 PM)
userornDNVCkyy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just bought an active 2 and paired it with my spotify account on iphone. I can't seem to find a way to use the watch as remote control, it either plays on the watch or on the phone.

Is there any way to get this to work?

thx 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give this a try: go to the music app > tap the 3 dots on the right side > tap on music player > tap on Spotify. Are you able to use the watch to control your Spotify music app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Give this a try: go to the music app > tap the 3 dots on the right side > tap on music player > tap on Spotify. Are you able to use the watch to control your Spotify music app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userornDNVCkyy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks! That was really helpful!

it didn't work EXACTLY as you said though, since I didn't find the option on the settings menu of the built-in music app, but rather on the "now playing screen". There's an icon that lets you choose to play songs from the watch or phone.
There's no way to make it work directly from the Spotify app, so I would take this as a workaround rather than a solution itself. 

Anyways that should do for now! Thanks a lot 

0 Likes