JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot Add Google Account to Watch

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 09:28 AM)
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
After reset of watch, can't add a Google account. Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TylerCarroll
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Set your lock screen to none for security then add google account from the wearables app. Tried everything else, figured it had to be a security issue. It was apparently.

View solution in context

13 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you're unable to add a Google account, you can try again in Galaxy Wearable > Watch Settings > Accounts & Backup > Google Account > Add Google Account, and then select Continue as [name]. Follow any remaining on-screen instructions.
0 Likes
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Doesn't work on phone or watch.
MadSciencePro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue. Galaxy s21+ and a brand new Galaxy Watch 6. I think it's related to Google Play Services.

I try to open the Play Store on the watch. It tells me to add a Google Account using my phone. I click the phone icon. Then, I open the Wearables app on my phone. I go to the Accounts section. Add Google Account. It opens a screen to select which Google Account to add, but at the same time an error pops up saying Google Play Services closed (crashed). I can try to add the account still, but it will just spin until it times out.

I've done multiple resets. No luck. Turned off all the WiFi in case it was a network issue. The only thing I see that's odd is on the watch. I check the Google Play Services app version there and it's slightly older than the version number on the phone. However, the watch claims it's the latest version when I try to update it there.

0 Likes
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, same here. Problem is you can't add anything from the Play Store because you can't log in.
0 Likes
userxfp8djeUpO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having this exact problem with my watch 6 and my note 20. 

Someone on reddit said to disable 2 factor authentication on the Google account, but that hasn't worked for me.

0 Likes
jdtoellner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue. I did a chat with a Samsung representative. They were no help. They asked me to reboot and reset and finally suggested that I buy a newer model phone. None of that was helpful.

0 Likes
Solution
TylerCarroll
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Set your lock screen to none for security then add google account from the wearables app. Tried everything else, figured it had to be a security issue. It was apparently.
billc_ia
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
BINGO!! Thank you!
0 Likes
userGKBuql7P3V
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

that worked for me too, thanks

0 Likes