cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Cannot install Samsung Health Update

I have version 4.10.2800 of Samsung Health on my watch. There is a version 4.12.1400 in the galaxy wearable store that I cannot install. It shows up in my update queue but installation keeps failing. I have restarted both my phone and my watch to no avail.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Cannot install Samsun Health Update

same here
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Cannot install Samsung Health Update

this is happening to me too
Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem here 

Highlighted
Asteroid

EKG won't work on non-Samsung phones.  So mad right now.

Build Number : R825USQU1BTH9
Tizen version : Tizen 5.5.0.1
Release Date : 2020-09-23
• Advanced Running Analysis : Giving you the insights you need to improve your running form.
• VO2max : Check the maximum amount of oxygen you utilize during exercise to improve your endurance.
• Added the new Samsung Health Monitor App for ECG Measurements.
(※ Available on Galaxy smartphones with Android 7.0 and later.)
• Detect falls : Watch can send out SOS call and messages to emergency contact when a hard fall is detected.
• Enhanced Notification : Upon receiving a message notification, a chat window appears and can also view images.
• AR Emoji/Bitmoji : Send AR Emoji and Bitmoji through the watch.
• Capture : Supports scroll capture feature that automatically sends the screen-capture image to the phone.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I don't remember them making that caveat last year. It just said pending FDA approval. I hope it's a temporary wall. Otherwise, I'm switching brands ASAP.  That feature was a decision making factor for me. To have to wait a year for the feature to be activated then find out it's only for their phone is a huge slap in the face.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same here. I cleared cache in the Galaxy Store App, Samsung Health App, and my S9+ cache partition. tried 6 times.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I had same issue until I uninstalled enough watch faces to make room for the update. Once I got it installed it didn't matter....my watch is defective and is going in for service. This is my last Samsung watch. after 4 of them I'm tired of dealing with their issues. Time to see what android wear has to offer because I'm not an Apple guy.

Highlighted
Asteroid

UPDATE: Cleared the cache for the galaxy companion app and now the store version is older than the version I have. Maybe that other version was for samsung phones only since the ECG apparently only works if you have a galaxy phone (thanks Samsung)? I also noticed the blood oxygen widget shows up in the widget menu on my phone but it wont actually load onto my GWA2.

I thought Apple was restrictive and I thought Fitbit was bad at implementing features and updates. Samsung's approach takes the worst of both companies.