Original topic:

Changes in Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created: 10-08-2021 08:02 AM)
realaud
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

There was no need to switch the buttons between the Active 2 and later watches. People get used to a certain order and switching things around for no logical reason, just confuses things.

I can't speak for the Galaxy 3 series, but I have had an Active 2 for over 2 years and I was used to how the two functional buttons work. The Galaxy Watch 4 reverses the functionality, and it is really annoying. 

Also, there was absolutely no reason to add the "swipe up" functionality to access the apps, as there was nothing wrong with the app widget. I prefer the widget with multiple screens so that I can put my apps in the order that I would access them. I know I can reorder the apps in the new feature, but not only do I have no need to see every single app at once, there is not even a logical alignment so one can make a custom order.

Another big annoyance us that if you use Samsung Pay on this watch, you MUST set a screen lock (which you always had to do for the Pay app anyway), so now every time you remove and put your watch back on, you have to enter your pin/pattern to unlock the watch itself. You used to only have to unlock the Pay app. I get the secuity factor, but it's just one more step in a routine.

Oh, and the battery life seems to really suck as well. Started with 100% then took a swim and rested for a bit and now at 33% in a little over 4 hours

2 Replies
PhoenixBennu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
You might wanna check why your watch is draining so fast. I can go a long while without charging. Usually all day or more.
realaud
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Checked the battery resource use in the app. Nothing out of the ordinary is eating power. Looks like typical usage. My Active 2 could go a day and a half {if necessary) till it absolutely needed a charge under the same usage pattern. Maybe they just used a substandard battery in the 4. I'm not the only one conplaining that the battery drains quickly.