JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Clarification on Locationplease

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 06:10 AM)
Varzil
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I see that there are settings for Location (GPS) for given apps that list Always, When Using apps, etc.

What if I do not want to be physically trackable bc I have Location on, for security reasons, if I want to use Google Maps, or Play Store, & have Location = Off, will the settings under Location for these apps turn it on when I try to open them, or are those settings just Permissions & will I have to turn Location on first?

I'd play with it, but I'm still in the 1st days of using my watch & it is 'learning' my battery habits… & I don't want to deplete the battery just by playing with this! Thanks in advance, Varzil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lycramosa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You would have to turn location back on every time you use the app if you have the general location setting for all apps turned off.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes indeed. Settings -> location -> app permission -> chose your criteria. In the last menu you can choose if it will be "always" "allow only while in use" "ask every time" and "deny"
0 Likes
Varzil
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK, but if I have i.e. Google Maps set to app Permission of 'only when in use'; BUT Location is off, will it then turn Location = On, or do I have to turn Location on whenever I want to use Google Maps?
0 Likes
Solution
Lycramosa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
You would have to turn location back on every time you use the app if you have the general location setting for all apps turned off.
0 Likes
Varzil
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
OK, thanks for the input!
0 Likes