cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Compatibility with iPhone

I am potentially looking to purchase a Samsung Galaxy smartwatch to pair with an iPhone. I have done a lot of research, and I am well aware of the "limitations" when pairing the watch with an iPhone. 

However, one of my primary preferences would be to reply to a message with the watch. I know the watch will not allow replying on the watch, but is there any way around it?

As in, would I be able to access Siri on the watch? Or is there way way for Tizen OS (or Bixby) to access my contacts on my iPhone?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Compatibility with iPhone

Unfortunately, there isn't a way around that quick response functionality since the Galaxy Watch was primarily intended to be paired with Android Devices; those features aren't accessible within iOS. 

Highlighted
Constellation

How are you able to make phone calls from the watch? Can the watch access your contacts? Or is accessing contacts just a feature available for Android phones?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userxb0Y7ygDvb wrote:

How are you able to make phone calls from the watch? Can the watch access your contacts? Or is accessing contacts just a feature available for Android phones?

You can only make Calls from the Galaxy Watch if it's the LTE version which requires its own separate data plan for that version of the galaxy watch in order for it to work while you're away from your phone.

For the Bluetooth version it does have a Mic but the calls are still transmitted through the phone itself. I don't think you would be able to use that on the iPhone itself.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userxb0Y7ygDvb wrote:

Information on which features you would be missing out with an iPhone can be found in this link. 

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/

Highlighted
Galaxy

@ArcticEaglez wrote:

With all respect to Samsung, we can't deny Apple makes the best smart watches in the game. Since you already own an iPhone, I would recommend an Apple Watch. Even a Series 3 is still a really good value and is a great piece of tech. You will get the most out of an Apple Watch instead of a Galaxy Watch in your specific situation.

My thoughts exactly, the major drawback to an Apple watch is the requirement of an iPhone, and since that problem is solved, why not "dance with the one that brung ya"?