cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Control phone volume and phone's silent mode (phone on vibration only) from Active watch 2

Hi there,

How can I control my phone volume from my watch (Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2). I would like to increase/decrease my phone volumes or to put my phone on vibration mode from my watch, without taking my phone out of my pocket. 

I can adjust my phone volumes from my phone itself ( I am using Samsung's A71 phone with my Active 2 watch), but is it possible to control phone volume and phone on vibration only (Silent mode) through my active watch 2 without taking my phone out of the pocket?

@ links to members

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Control phone volume and phone's silent mode (phone on vibration only) fro..

Well, this is what I have done, may help but not exactly what you asked for. I have S20 5G & Active2. First open the Galaxy Wear app on your phone. Then goto notifications, then all notifications settings, then mute phone. Basically doing this silences the phone from notifications while the watch is on your wrist. Take off the watch and the notifications will be audible again assuming the volume is not set to silence on phone. There are a few different settings you can try to adjust to your liking. Play around and see if that helps.

clipboard_image_1606646783138.jpg

clipboard_image_1606646770253.jpg

clipboard_image_1606646748449.jpg

Re: Control phone volume and phone's silent mode (phone on vibration only) fro..

While listening to an audio program like a podcast program, pandora, Spotify etc. The answer is yes you can directly control the volume from your watch with the media app on the watch. Hope something here helps.