Original topic:

DISABLE WRIST DETECTION! GALAXY WATCH 4

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 03:04 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAMSUNG. MAKE THIS HAPPEN VIA AN UPDATE AS AN OPTION.  Galaxy Watch 4 hardly gets notifications AT ALL and it keeps relocking the watch after I use it when I clearly am wearing it correctly. This shouldnt always be doing that. In order for me to use Samsung Pay, I have to have the lock on the watch. When on the Active 2, all I had to do was have a lock for Samsung Pay it self and not have to lock the watch. This is very frustration and I just spent almost $300 on this watch. Please fix this. Notifications should be coming through all of the time. There should even be an option to allow notifications to come through even if the watch isnt worn. Like it was before. Please FIX THIS. Its a serious problem!

82 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Trying increase "screen timeout" and see if it would help.  

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
It doesn't have to be real tight. Just snug so it doesn't move around. I have had no problems relocking or getting notifications ever since I started to wear it higher. And I have tattoos 20211002_124643_622.jpg20211002_124614_621.jpg
0 Likes
GerryUSMC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Researching this, it seems this is a feature that Wear OS has. Personally, to me, this is a horrible feature.  Why can't you just use the pin when you open Samsung Pay or Google Pay? Because apparently someone at Google thought it would be a good idea to have to repeatedly enter a pin. In theory you only have to enter once if you keep the watch on.  But, for me, evening if I haven't taken it off it has asked for the pin.

And, I would bet that someone will answer here telling you that you are simply wearing your watch wrong because of a, b, or c reasons.  Uh huh.  Yeah I found out that if I stand on my head in a corner wearing the watch once I unlock it, it stays unlocked. Sarcasm off.

It would be a simple solution to simply make it a user choice for when you have to use the pin.  Samsung, your play.

Sapphire7746
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This has been bothering me, before you could lock just the app now I have to lock my entire watch? Its very inconvenient. I'd prefer if it were like before where only that app locked.
userPgoENnWlFT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is a huge problem for me, it's an extremely poor design decision and apparently they know it. They already addressed this issue on some devices as indicated below:

Note: This feature is not available on the Gear Sport, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic, Galaxy Fit, or Galaxy Fit2.

Every time you want to make a payment with Samsung Pay, you have to enter your lock PIN and your payment PIN, which is repetitive. Make it so your smart watch only locks when you want to make a payment.

From Settings, tap Security and privacy and then tap Lock or Gear lock. Tap Use for, and then select Payments only. Your watch will stay unlocked until the next time you use Samsung Pay.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078771/

Now it looks like this feature rolled out to only old devices but the option to "use lock for payments only"  needs to be rolled out to Galaxy Watch4 soon along with other fixes or I'll be swiftly returning my Galaxy Watch4 classic and switching off of Samsung all together.

I've transitioned from Gear Frontier -> Galaxy Watch3 -> Galaxy Watch4 and each transition was riddled with problems ranging from notification issues, sms replies, missing/unavailable apps, watch face errors and multiple Samsung pay issues. At this point I'm so disappointed that I am willing to switch to a Fossile/Wear  OS.

In case it's not obvious to the Genius of Samsung...having to touch and unlock the watch face every time I want to use it rapidly drains the battery and while I am wearing my watch it's faster to just take out my phone. 

Note: This feature is not available on the Gear Sport, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic, Galaxy Fit, or Galaxy Fit2.

Its just ridiculous and after having googled and now replying to this I may just quit Samsung all together.

Sapphire7746
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Right, i agree. Or for it to stay unlocked if i am wearing it, something like that.
Foxtones
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is exactly right. Total waste of money as it is right now. Either I can't use Samsung Pay or I have to hobble my watch by adding a pin that is required literally every single time the screen turns off.
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

unlock now(GW4) or unlock(GW) later, I pick unlock now.  Unlock now only do it once. As long as the watch is strapped on my wrist, I can do multiple payments without having to keep unlocking the app.  Unlock later, you will have to unlocking the app when doing multiple payments.

0 Likes
Sapphire7746
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Very rarely does one do multiple payments at once. I hardly ever use the pay function. I agree with previous comment. Like if it stayed unlocked while on me I'd have no problem with it, but it seems to re lock all the time. So this way it is rn in the end getting my phone out to pay is way faster.
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

What I mean is that you unlock once while the watch is on your strap, then you can make purchases without having to unlock the app at any time.  The other way around you have to keep unlocking the app each time you make purchase.