Original topic:

DISABLE WRIST DETECTION! GALAXY WATCH 4

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 03:18 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAMSUNG. MAKE THIS HAPPEN VIA AN UPDATE AS AN OPTION.  Galaxy Watch 4 hardly gets notifications AT ALL and it keeps relocking the watch after I use it when I clearly am wearing it correctly. This shouldnt always be doing that. In order for me to use Samsung Pay, I have to have the lock on the watch. When on the Active 2, all I had to do was have a lock for Samsung Pay it self and not have to lock the watch. This is very frustration and I just spent almost $300 on this watch. Please fix this. Notifications should be coming through all of the time. There should even be an option to allow notifications to come through even if the watch isnt worn. Like it was before. Please FIX THIS. Its a serious problem!

82 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
I appreciate your input v but I have done all of that. I was getting them a little while ago for some time. They totally stopped again
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
So. I'll say. I ranted and raved how notifications were not coming through or were a hit or miss on the Galaxy Watch 4. I was mad and frustrated. Then found out maybe it's the tattoos and not making contact with my skin right. Well my Galaxy Active 2 worked correctly no issues. So cleaned it real good. Changed everything in the settings on the phone and app to no avail. Deleted end redownload we the app, restarted it over and reset it over and over. I was getting ready to send this back.

So then. I pushed it up my wrist about an inch from where I used to wear it. You can see my tan line a little from where I always wear my watches. Hours and hours later and I'm still receiving notifications and it's staying Unlocked took it off and on and put it in the same spot and it has been fine. Used Google Pay twice with no problems today. This has been the culprit. So for everyone complaining about notifications being a hit or miss, do this. Put it higher on your wrist and make sure the band is snug. I have a stretch band that I can adjust to make tighter. Not super tight but having it on the skin good. I believe the bone in my wrist might have caused the issue. Never had a problem with my other galaxy watches but this one just has to be this way. And guess what? I have tattoos as you can see. No problems.

I'm finally happy.20210912_192723_384.jpg20210912_192720_383.jpg
0 Likes
userKMWbW7Btsp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I 100% agree. Samsung needs to allow us to choose the same setting as every other watch they've released which allowed notifications to come through even if you weren't wearing it. The setting in this pic was removed for the GW4. It's a ridiculously easy fix that should be sent out in an update ASAP. I've always toggled this option off and received all of my notifications. Until that's fixed, I'm not getting ANY of them.... PLEASE fix this Samsung!!Screenshot_20210915-012433_Gallery_16308.jpg
0 Likes
Foxtones
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is a massive problem. I have the same issue. Watch will lock literally every time the screen goes off. It's infuriating. The gear S3 only required a pin when I actually used Samsung Pay. This needs fixed to be the same way.
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wear the watch up an inch from the bone in your wrist. And it will work
0 Likes
Foxtones
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nope. It doesn't
Foxtones
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My notifications come through fine, too. It knows I'm wearing it. But the pin is required every time the screen turns off. As it is, I can't use Samsung Pay because of this.

They just need to add the option back to only require pin for payment. That worked perfectly every time on their older watches.
GerryUSMC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

While you are trying to be helpful, one should not have to adjust, tighten, not move, etc. to keep the watch unlocked. This is a horrible setting IMO. I have no need for a pin to unlock my watch.  Samsung pay? Yes. But, I should only have to enter a pin for it. Not to just see notifications.  And, yes I as well as others have had my watch ask me for a pin multiple times a day while using it.   And please don't try and tell me how to wear my watch.  I had a watch active 2 and never had any issues with it.

Someone said this is because of Google's security procedure.  If it is, I truly wish I could go back to Tizen. Maybe this is just the first of many issues that had people saying that Samsung should just stick to Tizen.

It makes me want to ditch the 4 and go back to the Active 2.

Options
Galaxy Watch
I use Google pay. But when worn correctly, the screen doesn't lock back up. And it has to be kind of tight on your wrist. Like snug with no movement
0 Likes
Tahop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
So samsung has no interest in fixing this problem?