cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MADMOM2020
Constellation

DO NOT USE FOR SWIMMIMG !!

My son used this watch as instructed  for less than 3 months  for his high school swim practices and it quit working ..Samsung said it had water damage .......Samsung VOIDED warranty! do not use for swimming laps !! ever !!! FASLE and misleading ADVERTISING! i would have never purchased had i known you cannot get it wet!!!!!!  It lists swimming as one of the 7 popular activies used for ... NOT TRUE

Pain using cause you have to open and close values before and after use.. sooo stupid but even when he did all that still got water damage ..

8 REPLIES 8
TheRabbi
Halo

Re: DO NOT USE FOR SWIMMIMG !!

I've been using my Active 2 on two-mile swims with no issues. It's way better on lap tracking than my Galaxy Watch. 

MADMOM2020
Constellation

Be careful , He used it for 3 months before the water damage. Samsung says that the watches are NOT waterproof. But they list on the ads and even the software put on the watch by Samsung that swimming is an acceptable activity to use the watch....

Comet

The watch is only water resistant and not water proof. Warranty will get voided if the indicators inside are set off by liquid. Unfortunately using the watches during swimming are at the users own discretion.

MADMOM2020
Constellation

Wwhy did Samsung put an Swim Lap counter on the  watch that is not water proof? and list it as one of the 7 activies listed to use the watch for???

Highlighted
Comet

Almost no technological product is "water proof" only water resistant. And this water resistance is fine with water without salt, chlorine, etc only. After swimming with a watch, its recommended to rinse it under clean water to get rid of chlorine residue.

ethex_official
Asteroid

The watch isn't supposed to be in the pool for more than 30 minutes at a time. If you went over this limit, which you probably did of it's for swim practice, then it is user error. All device warrenties are void by water damage. I've seen multiple posts like this where they admitted to user error without knowing it.

userjYtfoTda0t
Cosmic Ray

I can not find anywhere in the Samsung User Manual a recommended time limit for use in water. It warns about diving into wather and water sports in fast-flowing water. It says "Meets the requirements of the water-resistance in a 50 m deep water as described by the international standard
ISO 22810:2010 and your device can be used in shallow water."

There are also guides what to do "..when you exercise in water." No wording in the User Manual gives me the understanding that swimming with it is a user error. 

But based on the many reports here, where Samsung does not honour warranty due to water damage, I agree with OP:s recommendation. Do not use it in water.

ethex_official
Asteroid

I should probably also add, Samsung does NOT claim their devices are "water proof" and they never have. They are "Water resistant" (IP68) and they have limits. Do research before you buy or use devices. Water-proofing isn't a thing that is done to cellphones, smart watches, wireless earbuds, etc.