cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Dear Samsung: Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch needs

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There a few things that Samsung can do to Samsung Health that would make it a better health tracking tool: 

1. Accurate BMR calculation or allow us to customize based scientifically validated measurements from BodPod, DEXA, or Inbody scans. Mine is off by 600-650 calories, and is a common complaint on other forums. 

2. Have a specific activity setting for HIIT on the phone and watch. Aerobic setting on the phone app is the closest, but somehow missing on any Galaxy Watch. You have a plethora of Orange Theory Fitness, Crossfit, and F45 users who would love this! This is another known issue on Samsung forums 

3. Better calculation of NEAT (Non exvercise activity thermogenesis).. calories burned from doing everyday tasks outside of excercise. 

If you fix these, people wouldn't look for a secondary device to do these better. E.g. Apple (which we do not like) does it much better with Apple Watch
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Dear Samsung: Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch needs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Dear Samsung: Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch needs

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for your response and acknowledgement. These are things all fitness enthusiasts are looking for, and I know Samsung has a lot of very smart people who could make this happen.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried to discuss about this as well, you can see it here

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/about-calories-burned-basal-metabolic-rate-and-why-...

Honestly, I don't think they're going to do something about this. It looks they're removing the total calories measurements althogether, the widget on the watch is already gone. 

If you ask me, this is like making a beautiful bike claiming about how comfortable is the seat and how nice are the gear shifters, and then shipping it with no tires. What good is to know that my run was 500 kcal, or any other measurement for that matter, when the total calories are so off.

Apparently I should've sticked with fitbit, which is probably not the most accurate, but it's definitely better that this.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks! I read your article. BMR is a lot more than height, weight, activity level, and gender. The lower your body fat, the more muscle you have, and more muscle burns more calories at rest. You need scientifically validated equipment as I noted above to determine your true BMR, which I wish Samsung, Apple, Garmin, Fitbit would find ways to integrate that. The only wearable that currently integrates this is the WHOOP strap with its integration partnership with PNOE.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. I'm not sure how one should do an accurate BMR estimate, my post was more intended to outline the fact that samsung doesn't measure NEAT at all, although it might seem that it does (it seemed to me at first).

Seeing how far behing samsung is, maybe you are asking too much. Even without accepting validated BMR I think samsung could do a much better job estimating your BMR and measuring calories burned outside activity, they have a lot of data to do so right now. That would at least make it on par with other big brands.