cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Disable Voice Assistant

I have the voice Assistant turned off. But when I am exercising it still reads out stats like clockwork while I am running, or working out, or cycling. If the voice is off shouldn't that shut it off? This is quite annoying, say for instance in a class when your watch starts talking and you can't shut it off. Is there any way to eradicate this voice?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Disable Voice Assistant

I'm not sure which "Voice Assistant" you have turned off, but the reading out loud after certain distance or time is controlled in Samsung Health app on the watch. In the widget where you start an activity, touch the 3 horizontal dots. Scroll down to guide frequency and turn it off. Do this for each activity.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Disable Voice Assistant

I see that on running and elliptical... nothing on cycling... unless its the auto lap.

I'll try it. Thank you.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

update: voice is disabled and still talks. This happens on both my Galaxy watch and my Galaxy Active 2. Guides are turned off for all activities and still talk. Except for activities such as bicycling though, which don't offer an option for turning off the guide.

The only thing that works is to turn off the automatic workout detection and not using it at all.

Good job Samsung. Nice feature.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I'd like to know this as well

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Funny thing... when I was cycling yesterday the voice was talking over my music through my earbuds. I turned off the auto lap feature. Still talks. Ridiculous.