Original topic:

Do not purchase galaxy watch 4 if you have tattoos

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 12:42 PM)
userxdRwVnk7ut
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The sensors on the back of the watch cannot read through tattoos, so many features of the watch will always be disabled because it thinks you are not wearing it. There is no app or setting to change this. 

After speaking with support it doesn't seem like they are going to do anything about it either. 

6 Replies
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm sorry that you've had this issue. I'm not sure that there is much they can do in this situation.
0 Likes
a-guppy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'll buy it from you . Half off ?
0 Likes
KSal
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well looks like I'll be keeping my 3 and waiting for the next watch. Thanks for the heads up.
0 Likes
Mayze
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Get the watch 3. Those problems don't exist
0 Likes
userKMWbW7Btsp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
There is absolutely something they can do about it. They can enable the notification setting that's been on every Samsung watch since 2013. They chose to remove the setting that allowed notifications to come through even if you weren't wearing (or if the watch thought you weren't) the watch. The sensors for oxygen and heart rate all work fine through my ink if I manually start them. It's only the b.s. sensor that detects if you're wearing it that has issues with tattoos. I've complained daily through the wearable app since I bought both versions of the watch 4 on release day. It's ridiculous. I've got 2 brand new watches that I can't get notifications on either of them. Here's a screenshot of the setting they need (and are supposedly going to) to bring back in case you're wondering....Screenshot_20211016-162915_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
userKMWbW7Btsp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch faces stay blacked out always. Always on doesn't work, and ZERO notifications come through....20210829_150602_15510.jpg20210921_013202_16469.jpg20210830_090753_15537.jpg
0 Likes