cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Do not swimm with galaxy watch

I bought this watch for tracking my swimming in the swimming pool. But I realy like it and use it every day for all day. After 5 months of using watch suddenly restarts for 20 times while I was swimming, after that it never turn on. Why samsung sell a watch for swimming which is afraid of water damage. Maybe swimmers must swimm with a plastic bag on hand. I am very disappointed, i will never buy a smart watch anymore, aspecialy samsung, now I thing the s10 have the same issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Do not swimm with galaxy watch

For those reading, the watches are water resistant - not waterproof. This is a distinction with a point. There is protection against the ingress of fresh water, but there are guidelines. 

IP68 = Up to 30min + 1.5m in fresh water (Notice that all IP68 products follow same rules)

For 5ATM, Samsung AU has an excellent write up. Here's an excerpt: 

"The above devices have been certified to 5ATM standards. This means that they are water resistant to up to 50 metres in depth for 10 minutes. They are now suitable for low-velocity and shallow-water activities, including swimming. 

An ATM rating is an international standard that shows you the number of "atmospheres" of pressure your device can handle when motionless under water. Every 10m of depth adds one atmosphere of pressure, hence the 5ATM rating of the Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Fit, Galaxy Watch, Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro. However, we suggest that these devices are only used in shallow water if the activity involves motion."

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Highlighted
Constellation

I was swimming freestyle, maybe maximum 0.4m deep and alw...

I was swimming freestyle, maybe maximum 0.4m deep and always in montion, it stop working in 5-6minutes. I used it before and swimm 2 hours every time and it works. Never thought it is a problem. Verdict is, the galaxy watch is not design for swimming. Not recomand.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Do not swimm with galaxy watch

This is user error, the device did as it was promised, and more. You swam with it for far over the limit, the product did as advertised and is not at fault. You, the user, are at fault for not reading the instructions included in the box that are labeled important.