Original topic:

Double notifications on Galaxy Watch 4 classic

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 12:57 AM)
userwPmhrFoXdC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why is this still a problem with Samsung watches and the Facebook Messenger app? 

You remove a message notification and it pops right back up two seconds later....

Anyone found a way to get rid of this? I had the same problem on my old Galaxy Watch, I can't believe it's still a thing 2 years later.

6 Replies
user1kJ9PJ6hm4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

same!

userk4Vjazhhqd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same!

userwPmhrFoXdC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's unfortunately looking more an more like a problem that they choosing to ignore... if it doesn't get fixed within a year, I'm moving on to another brand of smartwatches. 

0 Likes
userl9ZxK8SAm7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, on Poland service by Members app they told me to make a copy by Smart Switch app and delete google account on my phone and wipe phone memory by restore factory.

Poland service is useless...

I have solution but partially:

If you have bubble notification on just turn it off.

When i have messages google or messages samsung app bubbles on i get 2 notifications on my watch but when i turn off those bubbles on my phone in app i get only one notification on my watch.

For some reason app thread bubbles and incoming message as separate notifications and send both to smartwatch.

If i help don't forget to mark as solution and please leave like. Thanks.

0 Likes
userwPmhrFoXdC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'll try it for sure. I do know that Messenger recently reverted back to an older bubble version so it might have fixed it. I didn't pay much attention to it as I usually leave notifications on my watch until I just shut it off....

0 Likes
user6ueYrfQ2aj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, Romania. It is very disappointing... if Samsung wanna compete with Apple they should invest more this kind of small bugfixes.

0 Likes