Original topic:

Downgrading from Galaxy Watch to Galaxy Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 04:07 AM)
Criss_Stef
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I used to have a Galaxy Watch and it worked amazingly with a battery life of 4+ days and all features working smoothly. Yet, when the new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic was launched I decide I want to have it for the posibility to dive with it and also have my blood pressure, EKG, and more plus the advantaje of using it without a phone and being able to make calls, pay at the POS and more. So I gladly paid the price and got the watch.

It was to my huge surprise that the battery was barely reaching 10 hours without almost any usage, the LTE is not working in Qatar, the blood pressure, EKG and other medical functions and apps are bocked in Qatar and finally not even the NFC payment is not working. Moreover, none of the bracelets are matching the width, and none of the watch faces and apps previously purchased for my Tizen Galaxy Watch are no longer available to the Wear OS Galaxy Watch 4. Also if you are a lefty, you will not be able to change the screen orientation like it was possible before in previous versions of Galaxy Watch.

I contacted Samsung and no action was taken from their side.

Therefore, my advice: DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH 4. It is just a dissapointment and waste of money.

3 Replies
cptn_greenlemons
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Couldn't agree more. The new watch is terrible. From dropped or complete loss of heart rate tracking during workouts, inaccurate sleep readings, abysmal battery life - so disappointed. And throw in the absolutely horribly design Google Play store for watch faces and the whole thing is a disaster. I wish I could return it and get my 3 back. We've tried other watches while we wait for Samsung to fix all the issues and I've been impressed with the Amazfit GTS. Inexpensive, decent monitoring and a really nice all free watch face store. The bonus is all your data is stored in the Amazfit app and it's cross platform, so if you switch between Apple and Samsung, like I do, your health data is all right there. You don't even need to repair the watch each time. For $160 I'm really impressed.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry, I upgraded from the old GW and couldn't be happier. For me, It's a great upgrade, more memory, faster processor, and excellent display. It's been working flawlessly for what I'm using, partnering with Samsung S20 phone. With additional health monitors comparing to the old GW, it keeps me motivated on my workout. There are software bugs, but there are also ways to work around them. Software will be catching up with the hardware.
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I had the Galaxy Watch also and using it for GPS, exercise and music I was on the charger everyday.  Exercise was usually around 60 to 90 minutes.  I have a Garmin F6 Titanium 46mm which can get up to 12 days battery life.  But again using it for exercise, Gps and music I was on a charger every 4 days.  Personally for me I think going Wear OS was a great decision and I personally think S Health has grown by leaps and bounds from the GW 1 days.  These long battery life figures that most companies claim, Garmin, Apple and Samsung, are possible if you are using the watch like a Timex, just to tell time and nothing else.  Start throwing in notifications, phone calls, exercise and those times are drastically reduced.  I also believe as someone else posted that this version is new and it is going to have some growing pains. I will definitely agree that the watch needs some patches.  For a 90 minute workout using GPS and music I went through 42% of the battery.  Coming from Apple and Garmin I expected more in the 30% area.  So something running in the background is chewing up the battery and I suspect it has more to do with the watch constantly searching for the phone.  But as time goes on I expect a lot of current issues people have will be fixed or patched in time.

0 Likes