Original topic:

Downloaded Podcast Playback

(Topic created on: 10/31/20 12:25 AM)
user1SQowVzI59
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently bought the Galaxy Watch 3 and I like to use it to listen to podcasts. After some searching around, I found a way to download them to the watch, so I can listen to them out on walks when I dont want to bring my phone. However, the only way I've found to download them is to copy them on my phone somewhere, which causes the watch/phone to treat them as music. This is fine, and while inconvenient, it works. 

The issue I'm having, however, is that if I do not finish an episode, after a short time of inactivity in the watch's music app, it will reset the "song" to the beginning, causing me to lose my place and have to manually fast forward to where I was, which I'll have to guess if I didnt check closely when I last paused. 

Is there a better way of downloading podcasts to the watch, where this is not a problem, or is there a way to cause the music player to never reset the progress of "music", so that it keeps my place and can be resumed easily?

2 Replies
userKY96wRTUZu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am facing pretty much the same issue. How do you manually fast forward the same track/podcast. 

I could not find that option either.  I was in the middle of a 2 hr podcast and i turned it off post 1 hr.. now i am not able to find any option to fast forward. The Forward button take me to the next track.

@user1SQowVzI59 wrote:

I recently bought the Galaxy Watch 3 and I like to use it to listen to podcasts. After some searching around, I found a way to download them to the watch, so I can listen to them out on walks when I dont want to bring my phone. However, the only way I've found to download them is to copy them on my phone somewhere, which causes the watch/phone to treat them as music. This is fine, and while inconvenient, it works. 

The issue I'm having, however, is that if I do not finish an episode, after a short time of inactivity in the watch's music app, it will reset the "song" to the beginning, causing me to lose my place and have to manually fast forward to where I was, which I'll have to guess if I didnt check closely when I last paused. 

Is there a better way of downloading podcasts to the watch, where this is not a problem, or is there a way to cause the music player to never reset the progress of "music", so that it keeps my place and can be resumed easily?

Please do revert, else these device is almost iseless for me. 

0 Likes
user1SQowVzI59
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you fully open the app and hold down the forward button it will skip ahead in small chunks. The longer you hold it the faster it advances. Pressing just once without holding it skips to the next track I believe.

Its a workaround but an actual solution to this would be great.

0 Likes