Original topic:

Dropped notifications on Galaxy watch paired to iPhone 8

(Topic created on: 1/16/21 5:08 PM)
usereI1OfOvmXz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm running my galaxy watch via my iPhone 8. It connects fine but after one day it stops sending the notifications (WhatsApp, calendar, calls etc). I've checked that all notifications are switched on etc. And all is correct. A reset does solace the problem and for a day all notifications come in, then the next day they stop again. I can't reset the watch every day. Any ideas please? Thanks 

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried pairing your watch with another device to see if you still experiencing these symptoms?

Have you had an update to your watch recently?

Have you noticed any patterns to the symptoms you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usereI1OfOvmXz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, thanks for replying. I haven't tried pairing it to a different device so could try that on my husbands phone. 

I don't think I've done an update but I only got it at Xmas and have been experiencing this from the start. I've checked everything, notifications all switched on, nothing is blocked, not in sleep mode etc. The only pattern is if I do a reset on my watch it solves the problem, but only for one day. The minute I take it off overnight to charge and put it on the next day, the notifications stop. I've reset the watch four times and same thing each time, notifications work for one day then stop. Any ideas? Thanks 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I would recommend trying it on the other device, and please keep me posted on how the watch works with the other device. This will allow us to troubleshoot further to see if it's the watch or the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMkcJt7kO8a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello! I have actually same problem with watch3 - Iphone 11Pro max.

I paired watch with samsung galaxy 8 and all was well. But when it connected with IOS - notifications pops only when the watch is woken up (display turns on). And after watch reset notifications works for one day only/

There is the link where many people have same problem https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/delayed-notification-on-IOS/m-p/1601137/highlight/t...

0 Likes