cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Duplicate texts appear on my watch

I use a Galaxy S9+ paired with my galaxy watch.  I recieved duplicate text messages on my watch. Sometimes at the same time It'll pop up twice. Sometimes I'll get the duplicate as far as the next day. Regardless of whether I've already read the message on my phone or my watch or both. I'll get a duplicate message on my watch. Please help

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Duplicate texts appear on my watch

@user7SESWRRnWY Have you made sure that your phone is up to date on its software?

Highlighted
Constellation

Are you using the LTE version of the watch? There's an issue with T-mobile where if you go out of Bluetooth range, duplicate SMS are then sent to the watch. No fix for it at this point. Not sure about with other carriers. Interested to know if you have an LTE watch, and if so who's your carrier. And the issue affects both my Galaxy watch AND my wife's Galaxy Watch Active 2. 

To save the Mod some trouble: I have a Samsung S8 active, wife has a Samsung S9. Both are up to date, I made sure before we paired the watches. Watches have latest release as well. And we're not the only ones having this problem. It's annoying to downright frustrating. I got 43 text messages this  morning that had been previously received and then deleted from both phone and watch when connected via BT. Soon as I switched to LTE, here came the previously deleted SMS. To the watch only.

Highlighted
Constellation

Any update on this? (Galaxy S10+, Galaxy Watch Active2, T-Mobile)

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem with verizon

Highlighted
Constellation

Okay, so it doesn't appear to be carrier specific. Can't be the first Samsung has heard of this because it's been happening since the release of Galaxy Watch. I'd like to know ETA for a solution.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried force stopping and clearing the cache and data on your Galaxy wearables app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

This has happened from the jump, since I first fired up and paired the watches 5 days ago. I'd been wearing the watch a couple of hours the first time it happened, so there wasn't a significant amount of cached data. Went outside to let the dogs run around and my watch started buzzing with texts I'd received earlier. Can certainly try clearing the cache but I'd bet the farm it's not going to work. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact the phone and watch have a separate number, and when you break BT connection and switch to LTE the gateway suddenly releases a bunch of messages tha were "undelivered" because the watch number wasn't visible. 

Highlighted
Constellation

This is the best answer I've seen. 

I wondered if the two numbers made a difference. 

I've thought, what if they sync the devices by Samsung accounts? That's how  iMessage works. 

Oh wait!! What if you tried using dual messenger??  <edit>

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the exact same problem I really hope they can resolve this. I hate even connecting to my phone via blue tooth anymore because I get bombarded with a ton of old messages. I stopped it for now by running only LTE but then none of the data my watch is collecting is getting sent to the app. This is extremely frustrating. I hope samsung can resolve this problem.