cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 ECG on non-Samsung Mobile Phone

Absolutely agree..

Purchased the Watch3 specifically for this feature a week ago (and apparently only have 2 weeks return option thru Verizon) so I'm trying to make the hard decision - keep or send back?

I went seven rounds and over an hour wait time with Samsung ECG support department for them to tell me "Samsung does intend to make the ECG feature available to other phones (non-samsung) in the future." 

But that was it...no estimated date just that it would happen!

I have no intention and never will I buy or use a samsung phone (there UI over Android is one of the worst - nothing even remotely close to a pure android experience) that fact alone made even purchasing the Watch3 a hard decision to begin with because Tizen does not play well at all with default android - BUT there aren't any WearOS watches with ECG or much in the line of LTE even (I have the Watch3 LTE version but really isn't a must was just surprisingly affordable as a connected device on my phone plan so I figured why not)

Anyway, Samsung really does need to make an announcement if this feature will "really" come to non-samsung phones - considering the technology is in the watch this shouldn't even be an issue!

And honestly I'm leaning on returning "unless an official announcent is made this week" because based on Samsung's history especially with updates taking "forever" without out that announcement it's going back.

If say in 6 months it finally happens (and by then there isn't a better alternative "WearOS" preferably) I will then repurchase it..

Cause right now with the lack of basic android connectivity outside the Samsung ecosystem "like Google Assistant (would uninstall Bixby if it would let me, because I don't use it, it's worthless) and not being able to connect to my Google Home stuff as well" this watch really isn't all that great and straight up blows without the ability "to use the built in ECG monitor."

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Health Monitor App not showing in Galaxy Watch Active2

I have a Galaxy Watch Active2 and  I cannot the new Samsung Health monitor app. 

I have a One Plus 7T Phone and synced . Anyone here know how do I make it show up on my watch? Thank you. 
The Watch OS was updated 5 days ago to the version is R820XXU1CTH8 . 

BTW, I called Samsung "Pro" support phone number and after talking to a support person after 15 mins wait, I was put on hold again and was on hold for another 45 mins after which I hung up super mad.

Seriously what the heck Samsung Support?  

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Health Monitor App not showing in Galaxy Watch Active2

I also have a 7T with the Active 2. Samsung only allows the health app and ECG function on samsung phones. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Health Monitor App Unavailable?

Good afternoon everyone!

Is there any idea when this will be supported with other Android phones? I have a OnePlus 7 Pro and a Galaxy Watch 3 and I would greatly appreicate being able to use the Health Monitor and the ECG feature. I know that I currently use all the other Samsung Health related functions, so its a little puzzling to me that this would not be a feature I could utilize. . .

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: ECG app installation on Galaxy 2 and android phone

Did support actually state that a non-samsung phone version would be available some day?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ECG app installation on Galaxy 2 and android phone

I chatted with support the other day. It was one of the contractors. He said that they were starting the roll out the other day to android phones that aren't samsung. 

I still haven't read anyone who has it though so I'm sceptical at this point.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch 3 and not supported phone

I have a watch 3 which I really like.  I bought it with the intention to use with the Duo and to use the health features.  Unfortunately I found in my second day with the Duo that I cannot update the watch apps due to the Duo not being supported on the Galaxy app store.  Everything else seems to work but I'm missing the advanced health features such as the oxygen sensor.  So my question to Samsung; is the Duo going to be supported in the future? I also welcome any suggestions for work arounds if anyone has some. 

Thank you in advance and I wish everyone well!

Edit: I switched the title of the post as I've seen others with similar issues.  I'm curious to hear from anyone experiencing a loss or lack of a new feature on the Galaxy Watch due to using a non supported phone. To check visit this site https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/device-compatibility/.  This was supplied to me when I did a chat support session  with Samsung. 

I feel like this lack or loss of feature(s) can be fixed fairly easily on Samsung part but I have not had any luck with confirming and would like to see if anyone else has the same thought. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

ECG on Galaxy Watch 3 - Samsung Phones Only?!!

I'm pretty angry that my $400 galaxy watch 3 will only do ecg on samsung phones. That's the entire reason I bought the watch and now I can only use that feature on samsung phones? That's enough to drive me away from Samsung all together because the ONLY reason that would be the case has nothing to do with hardware or software as the hardware is on the watch, not the phone and the software is AN APP that SHOULD be able to work on any new'ish Android phone. But Samsung SPECIFICALLY is not allowing it to work on non Samsung phones...that's UP and unless Samsung corrects this quick, I'm done with ALL Samsung products. 

Samsung there is a reason people stick with Android and don't like Apple, because of the forced walled garden "eco-systen" they put up, you start doing that with your products and people like myself will bail on you in droves. 

Samsung, you need to correct this, allow the app and ecg functions on non-Samsung android phones. Holding people hostage to your phones that, like myself, BOUGHT THIS WATCH DUE TO HAVING A HEART CONDITION THEY WANT TO MORE CLOSELY MONITOR IS COMPLETELY UNETHICAL, APATHETIC and shows nothing but a money hungry drive for profits at all costs and while yes, you're a for profit company, that doesn't mean you have to utilize heartless unethical tactics like this to make money...only a downright evil company would make a critical function like this for monitoring heart conditions only work with their own phones; that's just wrong.

Fitbit now makes a watch with ecg too Samsung and it works on all Android phones; so yes, we do have options for this functionality while staying with Android BUT NOT SAMSUNG.

Make the right decision.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: ECG on Galaxy Watch 3 - Samsung Phones Only?!!

so it is not just because samsung choose this, the FDA specifically stated that it would only approve it if it was limited to samsung phones. Not only that but for the first smart watch to receive Federal approval to perform it, it makes sense that they would limit it to thier phones anyways. Samsung makes some of the best phones and I have yet to find another android phone that is better.
and as for the fit bit version it is not fda approved so feel free to use that but it is not accurate and has lead to misdiagnosis.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: ECG on Galaxy Watch 3 - Samsung Phones Only?!!

Where did you hear that FDA limited this feature to Samsung phones only?