JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created: 09-09-2020 09:02 PM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
351 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

just got it for the watch 3. hopefully it comes to the active 2 soon!

0 Likes
AR_Rattlesnake
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

You just got it for the watch 3 in US?

0 Likes
oeagleo
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

He/She got the O2 monitoring.  I got the same update for the Watch 3, and was told the "ECG and Blood Pressure would come later"... whatever that means.  I've since returned the Watch 3, and purchased a Garmin Venu.  Tired of waiting, I still have the Active 2, so we'll see how long THAT takes... *sigh*

0 Likes
BigFatPig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

After the recent update on Active 2, my watch not only cannot do ECG, it also lost its screen capture option. Anyone have same problem? I understand ecg is new and can be buggy so I will wait for it to be consistent but I lost the screen capture option. I have been told to go to advanced feature to turn it on but that option does not seem to exist. Need a little help here.

0 Likes
userFAmfx1ZaF2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Last night Samsung Support issued me a return label to send in my Active2 for a software update for ECG/ fall detection.  They said if it can't be updated they would exchange it for a watch with those capabilities.  Anyone else told this? I tried to explain that the software isn't available but after 30 min on the phone I gave up and said just send me the FedEx label. 

userk2TGTD8zAf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dude, dont send your watch! It might be a scam! I dont see an official statement from Samsung about that "recall". I have the Active 2 and even the supp guy told me that he "doesnt know" when we are getting the ECG

Second, the watch has the ECH hardware, so all we need now is a software update and we are ready to go. So, no point in sending the watch there! 

I wouldnt send it! Look at their mail address too, its probably fake!

0 Likes
userQPikckPYy7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

my active2 can measure heatrtbeat and blood pressure...it was just an update but I didnt have to send anywhere

0 Likes
JayF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userQPikckPYy7 You got your update already for the ECG? I haven't heard anyone with that update yet unless you live in Korea. Where do you live?

@userFAmfx1ZaF2  I agree with @userk2TGTD8zAf . Do not send in your watch. I haven't heard anything from Samsung regarding you to send in your watch to get the update. It could be a scam. Why not calling Samsung Customer Service to verify this just to be on the safe side. But I wouldn't send it in.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you in the USA? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sounds like an unexperienced rep trying to get you off the phone, using any means necessary. An update, when it's finally available, almost a year after the fact, will be pushed out OTA, same as all other updates. If I were you I'd launch a complaint about this because you're not going to see your watch for good six weeks, Samsung warranty turnarounds are DREADFULLY SLOW. 

0 Likes