JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created: 09-23-2020 03:25 PM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
351 Replies
user1OjgnPS0IF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
yeah your right you can't add the blood oxygen widget it doesn't let you
0 Likes
userktm16FpRXn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Tried contacting support but they weren't able to help. Guess I'll have to head to the store.

0 Likes
Arvin
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi Guys. I saw so many people got the ECG feature not working in active2. I sent the Watch back to Samsung Repair. The service is so fast. Now, the ECG is working, replace the component. My surprise, the Samsung support service is using UPS Nextday Air. One day repair, Once UPS got the package, Nextday i will receive. From TX to Maryland. Amazing.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just received my update today for my galaxy watch active 2 in the USA and with it came the health monitor app. It instructed me to download it on my phone from within the galaxy store and I did but after setting it up and trying it out on my watch it doesn't work. It says to hold my finger on the button and I do and nothing happens? It's as if the buttons broken or something? I download an APK for the health monitor about a month ago to try it out but that also didn't work but I assumed it was because it wasn't fully released yet for my watch and that's why. Someone please help
0 Likes
Gera1214
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
some other people here posted the same thing that there ecg is not working idk why that is.
Options
Galaxy Watch
I feel like they have the function in the button that your supposed to rest your finger on to help determine the heart rate thing disabled and that's why nothing happens when I rest my finger on it
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello!

For concerns with the ECG feature, please contact 1-855-795-0509 (option #6) for further assistance Monday Thru Friday 9am-6pm EST,  or email support@samsungecg.zendesk.com. 

Gera1214
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thats weird because i got the update today and for me it works perfectly
0 Likes
Arvin
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes! I got one more friend! We have same happen!!!! I am So sad. idk Why… I plan to go bestbuy Geek check the sensor,.or go to the Samsung repair service……Not sure if That is button sensor issue…
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Please be sure to let me know if anything happens and if it is the sensor so I can do the same with mine and report it to Samsung. Thank you
0 Likes