Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Watch Active 2 ECG not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance with the ECG feature please contact 1-855-795-0509 option 6 for additional assistance. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is an install video- https://youtu.be/NuU3jvvVphM 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: mine stopped reading altogether. I keep getting the "moisturize skin, wear watch for 10 mins, or make sure watch is snug on left wrist messages.

I keep getting "poor reading" every. single. time.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Watch Active 2 ECG not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
That's what I've been getting but not the"poor reading" message. Just mailed the watch today after talking to a Samsung customer rep. I suggest calling them.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I called Samsung, and they told me to send my watch in for repair. They stated that my senor needs to replaced. No crazy about sending my watch to them, but want to have fixed what is wrong. I guess everyone's senors need to be fix.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is garbage, they have extremely poor quality as of last few years.  I will be switching to Apple products as they have a much better quality percentage then Samsung.  I am sad to go but it looks like they will never get there act together!  Everything Samsung promises they never deliver successfully without issues.  Goodby Samsung!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Glad I got Geek Squad warranty cause that's where I'm getting my replacement from.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
same problem. please let me know what to do
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Watch Active 2 ECG not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Call Samsung. They maybe able to help. Good luck.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here are some tips that helped me:

1. Remove any watch protective case/cover -- especially those that cover the top physical button (upper right). 
  2. Clean the watch. The covers/cases accumulate dirt that you often cannot see.
  3. Rest your arm perfectly on the table. 
  4. Find a way to gently use your index finger on the button and the thumb on the left that will not result with too strong of a reading. The orange "reading" line should NOT go from top to bottom. 
  5. Be very still.

Now, I was FINALLY able to get this working -- but it has still only worked four  times out of more than 100 attempts. Two of those were "inconclusive." The other two revealed good sinus results. 

That said: This is the most clunky "service" provided by this watch. It is so bad that it almost feels, well, useless. Even though I have been successful four times (well, two with actual results), I currently am having a difficult time replicating this. 

I've been waiting for this for months. It was one of the reasons that I bought the watch in the first place (after the store employee at the Samsung store at the Stanford Shopping Center told me that this would be "coming soon"). 

I like the watch. However, this feels like a major FAIL from Samsung. I feel like months of hopes were dashed by a clunky user experience.

This is not a "WONDER WATCH." You will "wonder" if you can ever get it to work.