JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 02:44 PM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
351 Replies
Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agree fully. Just posted a similar comment before seeing your post.

Options
Galaxy Watch
Says won't open on a rooted device and I didn't root my phone since I've bought it from Verizon now I can't get ECG reading on my watch3
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

For issues with the Samsung Health Monitoring app and ECG features, please contact 1-855-795-0509 option 6 or email support@smasungecg.zendesk.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userjVwUI6q7HJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a galaxy active 2, which was just updated. I have the wear app on a Google Pixel 3a, which was just updated.

But, I can't find the Health Monitor app in the galaxy store. Could it be true that only the galaxy phone is supported? Why could I not get the app on my stock Android Pixel?

Or, is there something I am doing wrong?

BigPhil75
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You need the galaxy wearable app, not the Google wear app. The Galaxy watch active 2 runs on a different os than Google wear watches run on. Look it up. Good day.
0 Likes
userjVwUI6q7HJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you.  But, as you can see from the screenshot, it is not in the Galaxy Store as a separate app. Ann I missing something?

Screenshot_20201003-205536.png

0 Likes
BigPhil75
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No you're correct. Wow very strange. How or where does someone in your situation go for help? It's a shame this hasn't been rectified yet. I hope Samsung will help you.
0 Likes
Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the 3a as well and recently found out that the ECG function only works with Samsung phones. Not disclosed anywhere in sales literature that I could find. Does anybody see anything about the ECG working only with Samsung phones in the Samsung promotion of the Active 2? 

userMPPJMo4zjl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm in the same boat and am extremely mad!

Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Very disappointed. Purchased the Active 2 in anticipation of getting a number of features, including the ECG feature once FDA approval was obtained. Now I see FDA approval was obtained, but that the ECG feature is only available if you have a Samsung phone. Did I miss something in the small print when I purchased the Active 2. I don't recall seeing anything that would make me believe that the feature required me buy a companion Samsung phone.  I like all of the other Active 2 feautres, but would not have purchased the watch knowing the ECG feature wouldn't work. Anybody else feel the same as I do?