JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created: 10-06-2020 10:49 AM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
351 Replies
userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Absolutly,  <edit>

This is FRAUD! 

The World should know how they get treated by Samsung if they buy there products.

I saw Samsung as a solid option to other Companys, but they act like people you don´t wanna deal with!

userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wonder why nobody from Samsung ist giving a Statement here on this platform!

This is the official samsung support.

What a shame.

They know what they were doing to customers like you and now they want comment on this theme.

Where is the official Statement that many people dont receive ECG?

Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you really suprised there is no comment. Maybe they haven't seen this thread or the others like it on the same subject. Yeah, right. Waiting, waiting and waiting for FDA approval and then come to find out we were waiting for nothing. There's only one option for Samsung and it's not a post to this thread giving justification for not disclosing in their promotional materials that this function would be limited to Samsung phones. Their only option at this point (speaking as a retired businessman, this is my opinion) is to put their software folks to work on a priority basis and get a generic android ecg app out the door ASAP.

Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

One additional thought. Samsung does have another option. They can private messase me (or you or others) and offer to reimburse us for what we paid for the Active 2. I'll be happy to send it back to them if they'd like to pursue that option.

I don't expect every seller to outline every function that will work and will not work under various conditions (like the need to have a Samsung phone). However, if a company PROMOTES a certain function, like Samsung did for the ECG function, then they better include a caveat if it only works in certain situations.

userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

yes i´m suprised that there is no comment!

I know for sure they read this thread, because they did editoring my post 🙂

They know exactly what is going on here. But they don´t even have the backbone to speak out loud about what they did to there customers.

userwjv1eaGMvY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 thinking that this watch would provide me with a means of tracking my BP and ECG. I just learned after hours on hold on two separate days with Samsung's customer service that my LG20 Android phone was incompatible with the current Samsung Health App. I was told that there was no known date or schedule to when a version would be released that the ECG would be activated on a Non-Samsung Android phone. I am contemplating returning the watch to the dealer for a refund or until someone at Samsung can let me know when a compatible update is released.

userBicvlkASny
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am very upset by this, I partly bought this watch(Active2) on the promise that this feature was coming, with no mention that it would only be for samsung phones.  I have previously owned samsung phones, but now own a pixel.  Shame on you samsung, this is a deceiptful practice and you have lost all my future business if this is not resolved.  

usernLsCQVU4Il
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I was not really expecting for the PHONE restriction related to the new update on Active 2 software, which brings new monitoring features (blood pressure and ECG). I've bought the smarwatch because it's features and compatibility with Android cell phones (I've a Moto Z2 Play), should we expect to have this condition addressed in the near future, that means, will us be able to install the new monitoring features on non-Samsung phones??!!

Thank you.

Gabriel

userdvr6ZQxMGq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I want to know this as well.

@usernLsCQVU4Il wrote:

Hello,

I was not really expecting for the PHONE restriction related to the new update on Active 2 software, which brings new monitoring features (blood pressure and ECG). I've bought the smarwatch because it's features and compatibility with Android cell phones (I've a Moto Z2 Play), should we expect to have this condition addressed in the near future, that means, will us be able to install the new monitoring features on non-Samsung phones??!!

Thank you.

Gabriel

0 Likes