JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 10:39 AM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
347 Replies
toddeast
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have note 9 and gear 2 watch but ecg still don't work any help?
0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, We definitely understand how important this feature is to everyone. We have actually put together a specialized team for all ECG related products. If you're unable to get the application to work properly, and all other features of the watch seem to be working correctly. We'd like for you to contact our specialized team to check this out, and go into some further details about your experience and what you're seeing. 

This team is available for calls Monday Thru Friday 9AM-6PM EST. 

1-855-795-0509 option #6

Alternatively, you can also reach this team by email:

support@samsungecg.zendesk.com 

0 Likes
toddeast
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
thank you I can get app on my phone but tells me there is nothing to connect to even tho my watch shows and connected in wearable app
0 Likes
userwR08pFLpzy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi team, 

When can we expect ECG update for galaxy active watch 2 users in India. It's already a year and still there is no correct information about this update. Can you please provide some information?

Manoj.

userfB09avFqIF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi Manoj. 

Even I am waiting for the same. 

Please do let me know if you get any revert from Samsung team. 

Vinay. 

0 Likes
EHud11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My wife got me a lovely new Samsung Galaxy Watch3 for Christmas after doing extensive research and comparing to the Fossil Gen5 and TicWatch Pro 3 GPS.  So, by the time I received the watch, we were already outside the return window.  I had been trying to get the ECG function to work, and assumed I needed to wait on an update, but then today I saw that not only was ECG active in the US, but Blood Pressure monitoring was also on the way in the US.  Long story short, I realized today that the VERY expensive gift I've received isn't really fully compatible with my Pixel 5 since you acan only get ECG and BP IF you're using your Watch3 with a Samsung Phone.  So far, I've not been able to find anything that states this when making a buying decision. In my opinion, selling a product that won't fully operate while not telling the consumer is basically false advertising.  If Samsung isn't going to support these features with watches paired to other android phones in the future, I think we should look at starting a class action suit or something to get at least a partial refund.  Had we known about this compatibility issue out of the gate, she would have picked up a Wear OS device for probably a lot less money and full functionality.  Very disappointed with Samsung and won't be looking to purchase or recommend their products in the future if this isn't addressed.

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm not sure it is possible or if it would run, but have you tried Side Loading the Samsung Apk. onto your Android Phone. Some apps can be cross-fitted even though they are meant to be "Company Specific".
0 Likes
userivNSSkoZJG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought a Galaxy Active 2 and it seems you have to have a Samsung phone in order to use the ECG and BPM features???? If this is true then why do you not advertize this?  Either open up your app to other Android phones or make it clear in your advertizing that a Galaxy phone is required.

Thank you