JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created: 02-25-2021 02:23 PM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
351 Replies
RME6214
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having problem with my active 2 watch  the blodpressure and ecg apps didn´t come with the last update  ver.  5.5.0.2i am in Iceland and it should work there  i know that...    can you tell me what to do? maybe somone had the same problem an resolved it and can tell me...

best regards Ragnar. 

If you can help i would be very happy

best regards

Ragnar

0 Likes
Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

ECG on Active 2 advertised as Active 2 feature

Approved in U.S. by FDA months ago.

Just made available in 31 additional countries . . . BUT NOT IN THE U.S.

Why Samsung? Explain? Provide a rational reason. Is ECG measurement in the U.S. different than in the 31 other countries?

How about refunding my purchase? Or send me a new watch that DOES what you said the Active 2 would do.

0 Likes
Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung has not answered. Does anybody know why this feature has not yet been made available on Active 2 in the U.S. The FDA okayed it in September. It's been 5 months now!!! Why can't anybody provide an explanation?

0 Likes
userf9Yf8Yui49
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased Galaxy Note 3; main reason, Blood Pressure measurement and ECG.

The app, My BP Lab (not a Samsung app) is the suggested workaround.  It loads on watch, but the app says 'incompatible with my Galaxy Note 8 (it is up to date).  Does that mean no BP available to me?

To use the ECG, the watch says that to activate I must connect to a mobile network.  I have internet where I live, but not a mobile network (I have to drive for 1/2 hour to get to towers).  I can get calls and download apps, and most all else without being connected to mobile network.  If I drive our and connect to activate health monitor features, will I be able to use the ECG when I have access only to the internet?

userZ0r6QAiq2Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I bought this watch a week ago from Amazon and it came today. I was trying to get ECG but it says its not available in my current region. I am in the USA. Does anyone know If it's a glitch or its not available in the USA? Do you also know how to fix it?
0 Likes
Sergomore
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anyone know the estimated time of inclusion of Blood Pressure functionality in Samsung Health Minitor in the USA, in addition to the ECG? I am tired of using the BP Lab app and manually entering the data in Samsung Health App. #Active2 #HealthMinitor #BP #BloodPressure #SamsungHealth

lorraineg57
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'd like to know this as well. I've been waiting since Jan. 2020. 

userjfmTSZkKCc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have bought a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch in November 2020 and the BP monitor and ECG function wasn't working. In January I had sent it for repairs and they returned it stating that the watch is repaired but still issues were the same. I had sent it to Samsung for repairs for the second time. On February 25th they said that it is not repairable and they will send a replacement. Now all my queries to Samsung is like throwing a stone on a black hole. Customer support says it has been escalated to Samsung Extra Care and they can't do anything as the case is with the Extra Care Team. There is no contact number to Samsung Extra Care. I am frustrated, paid money for the watch but Samsung is neither returning the money nor giving a replacement. It really a bad support from Samsung and I really don't know where to go now. Any suggestion would be appreciated

0 Likes
BigFatPig
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's nice that Samsung finally released the ECG and fall function on Active 2, but does anyone have the same problem like mine that ECG simply just doesn't work? If solved please help me.
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had a hiccup after installing it didn't recognize my watch. I went into Health Monitor app and read the tutorial then magically it found my watch. I guess going through the various tabs triggered something. Accept permissions on phone and watch. Enjoy