JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG not working on Galaxy Watch Active2

(Topic created on: 5/28/19 10:26 PM)
ayasofya
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Tizen 5.5 update today here in the US, and along with it the long awaited ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor). Unfortunately, ECG won't work for me. Nothing happens when I put my finger on the back button. I have ensured that the back of the watch is clean, and that the band is nice and snug, but it still won't work. I looked around Reddit and found that a few other people having the same problem as me. 

I did some more research and came across an XDA discussion stating that the ECG sensor on some Active2 watches may be damaged due to the long inactivity period.

I talked to Samsung Support on Twitter and they agreed that this is a hardware issue, and that a replacement of components (the back button and maybe the entire sensor) will be needed. 

How does Samsung plan to address this? The hardware damage is clearly not our (the users') fault. Had they delivered on their Active2 ECG promise on time, we wouldn't be facing this issue. 
351 Replies
lpthomicdawg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
This has happened for a lot of people. mine as well. Call samsung and they will repair it. it seems there are a lot with broken sensors in them. I suspect that's why there was a long delay.
0 Likes
userRLVePNudWc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an update for the galaxy watch and when i try updating samsung health it says can't install this app

Ciscosec
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

i have the exact same issue...

userRLVePNudWc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hope they will fix this.... 

tarikb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have exactly the same problem :( 

0 Likes
usersnu6b1DCdK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

With me, during the watch Health app update,  the watch disconnects from the phone(S9+). When I try again it kind of hangs as after 20 minutes it still says Installing, although in notification bar it says that the package is installed. After rebooting both devices I tried again. Same issue. Health update reappears in watch Update list. Something is wrong with this Health update package...

userRLVePNudWc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Tysm for amswering i thought its a problem with my phone

0 Likes
Billy-sk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same issue...

0 Likes
userCKq9H5pGXD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
MiralemB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here! It won't update and keep disconnecting my Galaxy Watch.

Could anyone look into this issue?!?

0 Likes