Yes I am curious too.

we are all eagerly waiting!

anthonygadams
Asteroid

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

Ragnar77
Astronaut

I hope we get it soon. It would be nice if we got a date on when it will be released.😁

oeagleo
Cosmic Ray

Yes, it would be nice, but they're waiting on the FDA (re: Government) approval, and everyone knows the speed at which they move.  I'm sure as soon as the FDA approves this, it will be coming shortly, but Samsung has no control over the FDA. 

user6GBKHc1O2k
Asteroid

Samsung also chose to put it on the market and tell everyone it was coming at the beginning of the year. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userkrjuxRt6N4
Astronaut

No, the watch has nothing to do with a carrier.  The last update came from Samsung.

It was a silly answer.

useraKG5g2q28l
Constellation

Very true I think they say anything to pass the blame. I do have the one from Verizon and when approved I'm sure it will take some time. The ones that have the bluetooth I would hope be very soon. It will come straight from Samsung. I also wonder this would to just turn on the ecg sensor so I don't see why Verizon want their gready hands in it. Hope to get it soon was the main reason I bought this watch. Its January now but I just seen a week ago or so that FDA just approved bunch of medical devices so it really may be soon

@userkrjuxRt6N4 wrote:

No, the watch has nothing to do with a carrier.  The last update came from Samsung.

It was a silly answer.

user4E7ordadrW
Cosmic Ray

Hello @SamsungZell,

Thank you for your response:

Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update.

My follow up question is:

I have an unlocked Samsung Active 2 LTE watch.  When will my update come out, as it shouldn't be from any carrier - but from Samsung directly.  (One would hope Samsung would know how long after FDA approval it will have the update available for unlocked watches.)

Thank you for you time.