JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 3/8/20 8:37 PM)
Kasim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

When will you release ECG update for galaxy active 2 smart watch?

417 Replies
userFAmfx1ZaF2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm pretty depressed about how Samsung is handling this issue. I've been a many years Samsung customer. Samsung phones, tv, tablets, appliances, etc but this is making me reconsider my next purchase.

userk5ArEjJtCm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are we eligible for a refund if they dont release this by April as promised? I solely bought 2 of these watches for those purposes and was told by multiple representatives it would be out by now. 

userFAmfx1ZaF2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Probably not unless someone files a class action lawsuit.

I bought mine specifically for the ECG and Fall Detection. I got it on Black Friday along with a Note 10+ for me and. S10 for husband. Should have bought Apple products instead I guess.

userYMsDDfog8m
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

what i can confirm is that samsung removed all literature from there website regarding Active watch 2 having ECG feature. I clearly remember it was on the website and it is also on the box of my watch. But if you check the specifications now under the active watch 2 on the website, it does not list it as a feature.

userFAmfx1ZaF2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I haven't checked the box my watch came in to see if it says anything about ECG or Fall Detection. I got my info from the internet and the salesperson at Costco prior to buying it. If your watch box says it will have that capability Samsung better follow thru.

usercbJo9GY0vN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If this feature not coming, i didnt see why I buy this watch over the cheaper brand(which is the only reason why I choose this watch for me and my wife). 

schrille
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

my advice,nevet buy a samsung phoduct anymore

user8eWenuOJSp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just read an article stating both will be rolled out in Q1. https://www.sammobile.com/news/exclusive-galaxy-watch-active-2-ecg-fall-detection-q1-2020/

Whether or not that is going to truly occur is beyond me.

@userFAmfx1ZaF2 wrote:

Read a reply that stated Samsung said Active 2 won't be getting ECG. Not sure person asked about Fall Detection. Anyone else got confirmation of this? Trying to decide how I argue with Costco to take the watch back because it was falsely sold as getting both of those 1st Q 2020.

userFAmfx1ZaF2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think most of us read that article 6 mos ago. Unfortunately Samsung has given no updates or even information about updates at all.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed, I'm pretty sure we've all read the handful of "scources" that are old, not verified and do not provide any reference to their claims. The most disheartening, I'm sure for all of us, is the complete lack of anything from Samsung, other than quietly removing all mention of it from their site and for all vendor sites, which is worrying. Pretend you're a first time buyer and you know very little about the watch, and go "shopping" for it now... You'd buy the watch not knowing that ECG and fall detection are forth coming features, that the watch has the hardware, or that Samsung is waiting on FDA approval. I'm still trying to be patient, but it's beginning to wear thin, and I have little to no positive speculation as to why...