cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

Hello to you, too,

It's abolutely not like that: Samsung made it official that the watch has ecg, so the people bought it and waiting for the software to come out.

No one is screaming, but that guy is showing his dissatisfaction to Samsung's false advertising and false offcial news. It's not the first time.

No one asked you why you bought your watch. Some of us bought it for ecg and now, if it's real, and we don't receive the update for ecg, it will be very ugly from Samsung's point of view.

So, yes, we are dissatisfied and, yes, we are entitled to say it.

Just because you are very "zen" and nothing touches you, gives you no right to lecture us.  Just go practice your serenity in the woods, keep away from us, screaming stupid people.

Official news for gwa2 with ecg:

https://www.samsung.com/au/news/local/galaxy-watch-active2/

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/news/product/galaxy-watch-active2/

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung will not give a refund. I have asked. They told me I cannot prove that they said that, and if I can show them where it says that on their website. They have deleted everything.

Highlighted

@userk5ArEjJtCm wrote:

Samsung will not give a refund. I have asked. They told me I cannot prove that they said that, and if I can show them where it says that on their website. They have deleted everything.

Couple of things:  You can't erase most stuff (if anything) from the net.  A Google search found records kept by Google and others on the Active2 ECG support.

The WayBack Machine <edit> keeps a record of all web pages, even if you delete or change them.

Finally, should it come to it:  Class action suit.  Subpoena during discovery.

I bought from Best Buy and their site also clearly stated in the description ECG was part of the deal.

If not Samsung webpage, then those who sold the watch will have proof on their websites, etc, too.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@user4E7ordadrW unfortunately it isn't very productive to threaten legal action against a multi-billion dollar international company on their own Community website. The feature is taking longer than expected to fine tune and get FDA approval. 

There was a large delay of Bixby when the S8 released and people were threatening lawsuits then as well. It just isn't really a great idea. The feature is coming, rest assured. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Given what a fiasco Bixby has turned out to be, comparing this to that doesn't exactly spark a lot of optimism.

Highlighted

What happens when you press the learn button?

What software levels are on your watch for the OS, Samsung Health, and related apps/OS components?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Asteroid

This app was found by some guy on xda and it is samsung bp and ecg tpk which requires samsung health moniter installed on phone too. The app for phone is still not available. 

If press learn more it will take you to playstore to install phone app which is not available atleast in Germany and Australia.

"com.samsung.android.shealthmoniter"

We are still waiting for phone client so that we can use this feature. It may be in test version or may need certifications from health bodies.

Highlighted
Astronaut

These screencaps are not fake however these are not the out of the box features released by Samsung. These are screencaps of an app called My BP Lab 2.0. To make this work on your watch you would actually need a Samsung S9 or Note9 phone along with the My BP Lab 2.0 app on your watch. In case of this app, the watch does nothing rather it is the app on your phone that does the tracking from your android phone using the flash as a sensor to track blood pressure along with using data from heart rate sensor on the watch. I would suggest you guys wait until 3rd week of April 2020 as it is confirmed by Samsung to release ECG  and Fall Detection by then.

Highlighted
Astronaut

These screencaps are not fake, however, these are not the out of the box features released by Samsung. These are screencaps of an app called My BP Lab 2.0. To make this work on your watch you would actually need a Samsung S9 or Note9 phone or higher, along with the My BP Lab 2.0 app on your watch. In case of this app, the watch does nothing, rather it is the app on your phone that does the tracking using the flash as a sensor to track blood pressure along with using data from heart rate sensor on the watch. I would suggest you guys wait until 3rd week of April 2020 as it is confirmed by Samsung to release ECG  and Fall Detection by then.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just returned my watch back to Costco. Just barely made the 90 day return policy. The watch was fairly nice, but did not have all the features that were advised...most noticable the ecg and the accident fall features. The fact that Samsung hasn't even commented on these features in a very long time indicates they are hoping people will forget about them and that they will most likely not update the active 2 with these features. The ecg feature was one of the biggest reason I purchased the watch to begin with. Oh well,  I'll stick with my Sony Zen watch 3 and get the active 3 when it is released and confirmed that the ecg feature is included, at launch. At this point I'd be willing to bet the active 2 will not be getting the ecg feature at all. It's getting pretty comical how far behind Samsung is in regards to their watches compares to Apple's watches. Samsung is 2-3 generations behind. The lesson from all of this is to purchase a product that ships with the features you are looking for. Don't rely on promises that features will be added at a later time. Countless companies have outright lied and false advertised with this false promise.