cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

Samsung is working for ECG suport, I read in the news now. So I hope we will get soon if not court case. No comment. I am full up to wait 8 months for this feature and one scam with First watch
Highlighted
Asteroid

The ECG function is just another Samsung scam. Removing important functions like blood oxygen saturation, lying about battery life, lying about the watch having phone capabilities, lying about functionality like ECG, not fixing issues with bluetooth - I am done with this messed up company. A class action lawsuit would be a very appropriate measure.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is this even ever coming? Smiley Sad or if it is then is it even coming to the uk only bought this for the promised ecg but without its nearly the exact same watch as the active original jo ecg no bpm no lines on maps wasted potential 

Highlighted
Astronaut

The ECG function has been delayed until further notice. It is not a scam. They are simply trying to get the feature perfected before they release it. We just have to wait.

Highlighted
Constellation

Once it is released, I don't believe it will be available in all countries...ever. Specifically I understand it will not be available in Canada. Even though the Canadian sight stll says it will have the ECG/EKG. This is what happened with the STress level monitor. Not available in Canada.

I'll wait and see. But may be switching my phone and watch from Samsung to Apple.

Highlighted
Astronaut

You're right. It's impossible for Samsung to release the update in all countries at one time.

Everyone is going to wait and see else, moving to apple will be the only choice for us.

Highlighted
Asteroid

If I had thought it would have taken this long I never would have bought this watch. It does seem like the old bait and switch or false advertising. At least let some of in tbe beta program or give us some cash back. I am considering a complaint with the US Better Business Bureau. I have heart issues and every few months wear a monitor and hoped this watch would be a help. Instead I had to go out and get a stand alone tester. I have a Galaxy Watch that would have been sufficient. I bought this for one purpose only. Great watch, just not what was promised. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

now that samsung can not produce ecg watches

At least make ppg base hrv(heat rate variability) apps like garmin and fitbit watches for galaxy active 2 Perhaps users have some satisfied.😠

Highlighted
Constellation

Your health is more important than awaiting updates to your watch. Either pruchase a standalone device or switch to Apple. When Samsung does provide ECG/EKG you can switch back. During that time you have the device that may save your life. 

OK, here is what is happening with my watch.

I called Samsung twice:

First time:  I called about the ECG not being in the watch and how I purchased it ONLY for the ECG feature.  The person said he understood and I should be able to return it, but he couldn't do the paper work.  Instead he would send the request up the chain.

The person took all my information (e.g. address, phone, serial number, etc).

Second time:  I called about how the watch wasn't able to:

1) In LTE mode:  Get and hold (keep) any text message.  Normal or emergency broadcast.

2) Watch face would only dim, when I place my palm on it.  This, IMHO, looked like a software problem as it would never appear until I applied the latest Bixby updates.  Apply them and the problem returns.  (e.g. factory reset, apply all update -> problem occurs; factory reset, apply all but Bixby changes and you never see the problem).

The person said Samsung USA couldn't fix software and to wait.  She never took any information about the watch.

About 2.5 to 3 weeks later, I get an email with a ticket number (e.g. 415) and an UPS label to send the watch to Plano, TX.  I have ZERO / NO idea what description is for the ticket number.  I'm not sure if it is for call 1 or 2.

I'm thinking Samsung is going to try to repair the watch to put ECG in it, as it was the only time they asked for my information.

I know from experience (Note 10 and Note 10 Plus) Samsung will offer to buy an item from you should there be a software issue - important to you - they can't fix.  In my case, I discovered a certain file structure causes the operating system to enter an infinite loop and kills the battery in under 3 hours.  Also the battery can over heat during this time causing the phone to power off (happened twice to me).   As far as I know the issue still exists.  I offered to help Samsung understand this issue, but again I'm told Samsung USA doesn't deal with software - only hardware.  If you find a software and Samsung doesn't fix it, they'll buy the item from you.

How much of my perspective is true, I have no idea, but its what I've seen.