JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created: 05-23-2020 11:25 AM)
Kasim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

When will you release ECG update for galaxy active 2 smart watch?

417 Replies
uservFN0ROI3UR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Agreed!  Samsung should be refundng all who made a purchase based on this feature that is for the moment non existant.  When all of their company reps tell you that it will be avial bu the end of 2019 or the latest begin of 2020 it should be there.

RicD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Truly, I understand your health issue; yes serious. Being as you are have a two hours drive, and we do not know when nor if Samsung will actually be approved for their ECG/EKG, then in your situation I would not wait for Samsung. Especially that they are refusing refunds; a sad game they are playing.

Please, do not shoot the messenger: My priority is my health, as much as it will gaul me I would pruchase a Apple Watch, then when Samsung does provide EKG/ECG fully supported on their watch switch back. Your health your life is extremely important, it is not worth waiting.

0 Likes
userk5ArEjJtCm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

How about if we bought direct from Samsung? 

Deluge220
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bought this watch instead of an Apple Watch for my work phone. I hope It does come out soon. I love the watch anyway. I wish the battery lasted longer though. 

Looking forward to the ECG working

Options
Galaxy Watch

@Deluge220 wrote:

I wish the battery lasted longer though. 

How long is your battery lasting?  I have mine on continous heart beat reading and still get over 2 days, which I think is acceptable.  I have LTE and WIFI at auto on/off.

Maybe I turned off something you have on, though.

0 Likes
Ragnar77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree, the watch has nothing to do with the carriers. Unless you have the LTE version. The update should come from Samsung.

Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Its SUPPOSE to be sometime the beginning of next year. First few months maybe?

0 Likes
user3cNduPZu5I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If apple can do it.  I'm sure Samsung can make it happen.  The question is how long are we waiting after release.  This will be a great way to measure how the two companies manage relationships with customers.  

0 Likes
usereeNRQbnYH4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I read an article that stated the most specific date I've come across this far (and lemme tell you,I've been looking everywhere!). Anyhow,although it's not down to the day,the article did state February of 2020 for the ECG and arrhythmias function, a bit later for the fall detection. 

Probably didnt help you a whole bunch but I know I was pretty psyched to at least see a month assigned to the update! Lol

dhsmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wasn't that article from June or July 2019?  Seems like would have some sort of update on the expectation.  

0 Likes