cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

Truly, I understand your health issue; yes serious. Being as you are have a two hours drive, and we do not know when nor if Samsung will actually be approved for their ECG/EKG, then in your situation I would not wait for Samsung. Especially that they are refusing refunds; a sad game they are playing.

Please, do not shoot the messenger: My priority is my health, as much as it will gaul me I would pruchase a Apple Watch, then when Samsung does provide EKG/ECG fully supported on their watch switch back. Your health your life is extremely important, it is not worth waiting.

Highlighted
Asteroid

How about if we bought direct from Samsung? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Bought this watch instead of an Apple Watch for my work phone. I hope It does come out soon. I love the watch anyway. I wish the battery lasted longer though. 

Looking forward to the ECG working

Highlighted

@Deluge220 wrote:

I wish the battery lasted longer though. 

How long is your battery lasting?  I have mine on continous heart beat reading and still get over 2 days, which I think is acceptable.  I have LTE and WIFI at auto on/off.

Maybe I turned off something you have on, though.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I agree, the watch has nothing to do with the carriers. Unless you have the LTE version. The update should come from Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Its SUPPOSE to be sometime the beginning of next year. First few months maybe?

Highlighted
Constellation

If apple can do it.  I'm sure Samsung can make it happen.  The question is how long are we waiting after release.  This will be a great way to measure how the two companies manage relationships with customers.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I read an article that stated the most specific date I've come across this far (and lemme tell you,I've been looking everywhere!). Anyhow,although it's not down to the day,the article did state February of 2020 for the ECG and arrhythmias function, a bit later for the fall detection. 

Probably didnt help you a whole bunch but I know I was pretty psyched to at least see a month assigned to the update! Lol

Highlighted
Constellation

Wasn't that article from June or July 2019?  Seems like would have some sort of update on the expectation.  

Highlighted
Constellation

At clinicaltrials.gov. There was a trial for an ecg watch back in 2017 that took about a year. I suspect that was apple. I also found a PDF for a methdology for a similar trial dated April 4th....Samsung trial?

NCT#: NCT03761394

It consisted of a couple 44 day phases. Assuming about a year to fruition like the trial in 2017 puts the launch in April Hopefully there are some efficiencies based on the fact that there are other devices that have BTDT. We'll see...