cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

Your health is more important than awaiting updates to your watch. Either pruchase a standalone device or switch to Apple. When Samsung does provide ECG/EKG you can switch back. During that time you have the device that may save your life. 

Highlighted

OK, here is what is happening with my watch.

I called Samsung twice:

First time:  I called about the ECG not being in the watch and how I purchased it ONLY for the ECG feature.  The person said he understood and I should be able to return it, but he couldn't do the paper work.  Instead he would send the request up the chain.

The person took all my information (e.g. address, phone, serial number, etc).

Second time:  I called about how the watch wasn't able to:

1) In LTE mode:  Get and hold (keep) any text message.  Normal or emergency broadcast.

2) Watch face would only dim, when I place my palm on it.  This, IMHO, looked like a software problem as it would never appear until I applied the latest Bixby updates.  Apply them and the problem returns.  (e.g. factory reset, apply all update -> problem occurs; factory reset, apply all but Bixby changes and you never see the problem).

The person said Samsung USA couldn't fix software and to wait.  She never took any information about the watch.

About 2.5 to 3 weeks later, I get an email with a ticket number (e.g. 415) and an UPS label to send the watch to Plano, TX.  I have ZERO / NO idea what description is for the ticket number.  I'm not sure if it is for call 1 or 2.

I'm thinking Samsung is going to try to repair the watch to put ECG in it, as it was the only time they asked for my information.

I know from experience (Note 10 and Note 10 Plus) Samsung will offer to buy an item from you should there be a software issue - important to you - they can't fix.  In my case, I discovered a certain file structure causes the operating system to enter an infinite loop and kills the battery in under 3 hours.  Also the battery can over heat during this time causing the phone to power off (happened twice to me).   As far as I know the issue still exists.  I offered to help Samsung understand this issue, but again I'm told Samsung USA doesn't deal with software - only hardware.  If you find a software and Samsung doesn't fix it, they'll buy the item from you.

How much of my perspective is true, I have no idea, but its what I've seen. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

What's the price

Highlighted

@Samsung_rksUQeY wrote:

What's the price

Price for what?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi , i reset my watch active 2 ... but after reset  in my screen always see  ((Try again.touch the screen withyour palm to turn it off)) and i cant cancell this notice ... please help me ...why ....??

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung, you need to issue a press release on Samsung Active 2.   Tens of thousands of us bought this with the promise to have ECG feature turned on in 2020.  Now your Watch 3 is FDA cleared, but Cnet is reporting Active 2 was not approved.  Be truthful to us and let us know what's going on.  You were honest about your self destructing washer; do the same with Active 2.   If you can't deliver on your ECG promise, refund money like you did with other failed products like your Note 6 and washers.  Do the right thing.

Highlighted

Hello,

As for what to do, I got approved for a full refund because of the ECG not being there.  I don't know what to say, but Samsung is giving refunds for those who specifically bought the watch for ECG.  At least, they did it for me.

Personally, I am not using my refund to buy the Watch 3 until they release all features.  I will buy once everything is out and working.

What's the saying fool me once shame on you.  Fool me twice shame on me.  I would love to give Samsung another chance, but ....

It's not like I won't buy a product line again.  I bought a Note 9 and Mote 10 even after what happen with the Note battery.

Highlighted
Constellation

How did you get a refund? I sold my Galaxy Gear specifically to get the watch active 2 for the ECG and am pretty disappointed months later still not getting it

Highlighted
Constellation

What is the refund process, please..