JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created: 09-23-2020 08:23 AM)
Kasim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

When will you release ECG update for galaxy active 2 smart watch?

417 Replies
userSpXmI39YQz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't remember reading anything in the pre launch information that Samsung put out regarding ECG (and probably BP if we get that) being exclusive to the Samsung ecosystem. I may have missed it but I thought I did my due diligence. The fact that there is a real lack of response from Samsung is disturbing. 

Some users, like myself, are closing in on our return window.  I really would like to know if I was baited and switched on this device as I feel this is VERY shady business from Samsung.  Hopefully this is addressed. 

userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hope that google is giving Samsung the bill for this .
Samsung phones run on googles android.  But google android phones are not compatible anymore with samsung watches.
Maybe google recognizes the problem and builds up pressure.
The payback could be restrictions to samsungs android version in reverse.

BTW  looks like samsung is trying to burry this thread by putting 4 threads together so it becomes harder to find the last answer!

Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Totally agree with your last comment. I made the same point on page 2 of this thread. In fact, for some reason, I find I am unable to post any more on that merged thread. Wonder why? Don't be surprised if this thread gets merged and buried with lots of unrelated posts again.

Samsung - Just state your position and plans (if any) on this issue. We may not like the answer, but it lets those of us impacted move on (and also helps us decide on whether or not to purchase other Samsung products in the future).

mejifair
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

All,

I just got the ECG update for my watch3, but the asterisks state it is only for Samsung Galaxy phones running Android 7.0 or above. I have a One Plus 6 running Android 10. When will it be made available to non Samsung Galaxy phone owners?

userNvXrDRPTPl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'd also like to know, I have a oneplus 8pro and a watch 3.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

For concerns with the ECG feature, please contact 1-855-795-0509 (option #6) for further assistance. 

0 Likes
Aimhere
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

For Pete's sake, you had better enable the ECG monitor for ALL ANDROID DEVICES. The watch itself is rated to connect with anything Android 6 or above, so why limit the features which people have been waiting an ETERNITY for to your own phones? Especially since you NEVER said this would be the case for ECG, blood oxygen, or the other advanced features?

I swear, Samsung has a real problem with "Not Invented Here Syndrome"... if they didn't build a product themselves, they feel no obligation to support it. They just want you to spend more money on THEIR products, and to heck with industry -wide compatability.

Google Health? "Sorry, use Samsung Health instead."

LG or Nokia or OnePlus or [insert phone brand here]? "Sorry, please buy a Galaxy phone."

Google Play Store? "Sorry, Galaxy Store exclusive."

Galaxy Store on non-Samsung Phones? "..."

And no, I will not call your phone number. Please reply publicly on this forum. We deserve a public response.

MrClark
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got OnePlus 7T and watch3.

0 Likes
user8uXwMST2qt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same boat. This is absolutely ridiculous. Goes against everyting Android is about - now Samsung is forcing users into their ecosystem. Will be returning my Active 2.

JLA781
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user8uXwMST2qt wrote:

Same boat. This is absolutely ridiculous. Goes against everyting Android is about - now Samsung is forcing users into their ecosystem. Will be returning my Active 2.

M8 no one is forcing you to join their ecosystem. These are optional items. You don't have to use or purchase them. It's like buying a PS4 and complaining that it doesn't play Xbox games lol.

0 Likes