cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: ECG on Galaxy Watch 3 - Samsung Galaxy Phone only

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Except that there is nothing in any marketing, anywhere that this feature woudl only be avialable on Samsung phones. The first time we heard this was when the feature was released. It feels really dirty for them to market the watch as "ECG Coming Soon" but then say "ECG is here, but only if you own a Samsung phone".

So it's not at all like buying a PS4 and then complaining that it doesn't play Xbox games. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't work for Samsung...Maybe I am just a fanboi, I don't know.  With all the competition out there to get ahead, I guess I feel that to compete, I would, as an organization, do what I needed to to get an edge.  I have products to sell and I want my organization to be viable.

I don't see anything wrong with this.  If I buy an apple product (which I wouldn't), I assume my android items or windows items may not work with it. People making the case that it goes against what android stands for, I feel, should remember that Samsung uses the OS, nowhere does it state that everything that Samsung makes should be open source or open usage across different companies.  I can empathize with the frustration.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh and for the record...

My personal belief is the dirtiest thing Samsung has done is release a phone Galaxy Note 20 5g Ultra that I own, and my friends abroad have a different processor than I do.  Now THAT'S dirty.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bad example. A better one is pre-ordering a PS5, it eventually arrives but 8k video (ECG) and the GPU (blood pressure) are disabled until a patch is released. The patch comes out but the 8k they advertised is enabled only on Sony monitors, other monitors only get the 720p it shipped with, nobody still has the GPU they advertised, and complaining. lol

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I couldn't agree more about the frustrations. I have a OnePlus 8. Android used to be the antithesis of Apple's vertical integration. Doling out the watch's features piecemeal and dependent on which (non Samsung) android you are on is. I feel totally trolled by this watch and this company.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the same boat as y'all.  In the span of 4 days, I received the watch, updated the software that enabled the ECG feature, and just returned it with help from Samsung CSR via chat.  Not happy, but at least I'm getting my money back.

What I sent to them to start the chat: "Recently ordered a Samsung Watch 3, received it the other day, just updated the software to get the ECG feature, and then found out it only works if you have a Galaxy phone (which I do not have...I own another Android phone). The reason I bought the watch (upgrading from the original Samsung Watch) was for that feature. There was no communication about having to own a Galaxy phone prior to the update. Is there any intention of making the ECG feature available to all Android phone models? If not, what is the return policy? I have a heart condition that is the reason why I bought the Watch 3...ECG and blood pressure capabilities in a single package (in addition to every other health feature in the Watch 3) is why I upgraded. If I can't take advantage of that, there's no reason to have this model watch. Please help me understand...thanks."

The recommendation is to contact Samsung CS...process was quick and easy...confirmation of return and shipping label showed up in my inbox while I was chatting with the CSR.

Good luck!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20200927-153807.jpg

Just checked with Samsung and it should work with non-Samsung phones.

FYI I have OnePlus 8 Pro with watch 3.

Highlighted
Constellation

WatchActive2 ECG app for Samsung branded phones but not for other android phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello everyone,
I just heard the news that samsung just roll out the ECG app (Samsung Health Monitor) update for Galaxy Watch Active 2 in US but it only works with the samsung branded phones not for the non-Samsung phones. Is there any chance that in the future samsung will announce the samsung Monitor app for the non-samsung phones too and will be able to take ECG on any android phone. Let me know thanks.
Highlighted
Sun

Re: ECG app for Samsung branded phones but not for other android phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung had clearance months ago from FDA we were just waiting for Samsung to send us the software updates. As far as it coming to non Samsung Phones that will be a wait and see. That would be nice of them!
Highlighted

Re: WatchActive2 ECG app for Samsung branded phones but not for other android phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I think the reason why is because you need to have the Samsung Health Monitor app, which is only available on the Galaxy store.  You may be able to find an alternate way of getting it.  That's the only reason I can see as to why this would only work on Galaxy phones.  The phone itself isn't doing the work...the watch is.  So if you can find a way to get the app on a non Samsung phone it should work.