cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy ACtive 2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anybody found anything in Samsung's Active 2 sales literature that says their highly promoted ECG functionality required a Samsung phone. Please let me know if you find anything since I feel a feature that is promoted as actively as the ECG function should disclose if that function required the purchase of another product in order to work.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: ECG function only for Samsung phones. <edit>

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Last I checked no Apple watch has ever worked with Android devices. Stop complaining.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you kidding? Apple never advertised that there watch is compatibel with non apple phones!

So there is nothing to complain about at apple.

Samsung on the other hand does marketing and advertising that there watch is compatible to many samsung devices and devices of other companys!! That is not right! They know exactly what people are thinking when they read these things.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You know an Apple product only works with Apple.

This watch was sold by Samsung without notifying people that it would be useless on non Samsung phones.  That is the problem. If they advertised honestly we could have made an informed decision. They sold us the watch on their advertising of the coming functions. Nowhere did it say Samsung only.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Apple is its own ecosystem. You want that move to that.
Highlighted
Asteroid

ECG Samsung-phone Only. Garbage.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased an Active 2 last week, in part because I was stoked for the ECG feature. Now I download the updates and see you have to have a Galaxy phone. <edit>. Boiled down, this violates the virtue of Android in avoiding ecosystems and allowing a unified platform. Beyond that, cash grab to get users to spend even more money on a particular brand. Please address this issue as there are a lot of users wanting to know if/when support for other devices will be release.

Until then, returning the watch.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: ECG Samsung-phone Only. Garbage.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

M8 no one is forcing you to join their ecosystem. These are optional items. You don't have to use or purchase them. It's like buying a PS4 and complaining that it doesn't play Xbox games lol.

Is there some TOS for Android users which states that Samsung may allow other devices to use all of their features?  I wasn't aware of this?

You are probably better off grabbing another watch.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Disagree for a number of reasons.

1. Unless you've been in isolation for the past 10 or more years, you know that Apple products are a self-contained hardware / software ecosystem.

2. If you make a certain function a major element in your promotional advertising, I believe you have an obligation (moral, not legal) to let buyers know if there are limits related to that function's use.

3. If Samsung had gotten FDA approval BEFORE marketing the Active 2 and I purchased the Active 2 and it didn't work with my phone, I could have immediately returned it within the return timeframe. However, FDA approval for the ECG function and, therefore, my ability to test functionality, occurred AFTER the return window.

4. I have to assume that Samsung has talented App programmers and can resolve this dilemma if they decided it was important. They really should quickly develop generic android capability, ESPECIALLY GIVEN the FDA delay and return window issue that has trapped many customers who would never have purchased the Active 2 or who would have returned it.

See the difference? This is not a legal issue and it is not comparable to Apple. At least in my opinion.

By the way, the advice to basically suck it up and buy a new watch means simply tossing several hundered bucks in the trash. Really?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed.  I purchased the Galaxy Watch 3 for the ECG feature (actually, bought a Watch Active 2 for the same reason and exchanged it for the Watch 3).  And now I'm hearing this is for Samsung Galaxy phones only!  That was not mentioned when advertising the feature.  How do I get my money back!!!?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't remember reading anything in the pre launch information that Samsung put out regarding ECG (and probably BP if we get that) being exclusive to the Samsung ecosystem. I may have missed it but I thought I did my due diligence. The fact that there is a real lack of response from Samsung is disturbing. 

Some users, like myself, are closing in on our return window.  I really would like to know if I was baited and switched on this device as I feel this is VERY shady business from Samsung.  Hopefully this is addressed.