cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

ECG function only for Samsung phones. <edit>

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my 4th Samsung watch "Active 2" based on it's merits and the new functions it was going to get. I have also owned many Samsung phones. Usually buying the newest Note every year.

Samsung just punished many of it's customers by rolling out functions for it's watches that only work if you have a Samsung phone. When I purchased my Active 2 it did not state that the future functions would not work on other Android phones. If it had I would not have purchased it.

I will no longer purchase any Samsung phones or watches based on their false advertising for this watch. And I am stuck with 3 of these Active 2 watches in my family. Fortunately 2 of them have Samsung phones.

<edit>

Highlighted
Sun

Re: ECG function only for Samsung phones. <edit>.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont work for Samsung neither do I have stock.. As far back as 2017 the Samsung health app, Gear S app and Gear fit app have been available for Apple and other phones. Heck Samsung health will sync with Apple Health. Because Samsung health was a proprietary app all the functions didn't work on Apple devices. Manufacturers assume that if you buy their smart watch ie Apple, Samsung, you have that branded device (phone). Their first priority is to make sure it works seamlessly between their own brand. I'm willing to bet that that ability to use ECG on non Samsung phones is around the corner.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: ECG function only for Samsung phones. <edit>

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is definitely a bait and switch maneuver. I bought the watch with expectation of eventual ECG functionality.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in. This is a totally fraud. I hope someone would help us to form this up.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definitely feel taken advantage of by Samsung on this. Especially seeing that there didn't seem be this information available prior to purchasing. I was under the assumption I would be able to use these features not be locked out by an ecosystem.  I highly doubt I would have gone for this expensive watch if that was the case.   Really a shady way to go about this IMO. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is this really true?  you guys saved me from buying it.

I was about to buy tis watch, but i would use it with a pixel 4a :-(

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is a nice watch but sadly if you want all the functions to work you shouldn't purchase it unless you have a Samsung phone.

At least you now have the information. All of the rest of us were cheated by not being given this info. 

Because of this I will never purchase another Samsung watch or phone.

I only want to do business with trustworthy companies.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

like somebody up there mentioned. This ist a toal fraud on the customer that bought the watch before this information came out!

I will definitly not buying a samsung phone. i would rather go with apple and a apple watch.

At least you know what you get there after they ripped you off. and it works!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree, agree, agree!!!!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung and the HUGE ECG FAIL!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not gonna pull any punches here so I'll tell it like it is. Samsung messed this feature up royally.<edit> Promises made, promises not delivered.

I purchased my Galaxy Watch Active 2 in March of 2020. Main reason was all the newer aspects of the health features this watch was SUPPOSED to deliver. 

Watch faces are cool and everything but it was designed to be a better watch than my last. I actually enjyed my last watch, Gear S3 Classic purchased in November of 2016, but when they sent out an update and my battery basically started dying to the point it wouldnt last an hour not to mention with each software update health featrures were removed, I finally decided to bite the dust and bite my tounge buy a new watch.......Active 2.

Well after 4 years you'd think they would have their stuff in order and were on their way to making a truly awesome watch........Active 2.......Nope.

Today, after the ECG Tizen 5.5 update yesterday and factory reset, I placed a call to support.....Thanks Covid for having to work with remote support people.

Bottom line is Quality Control stinks. You can't test a feature on product if that feature is not active due to one approval from FDA right.

So here I am reading all these comments on ECG not working or if you're lucky it is. Lucky you. Personally I think this product requires a total recal....period. Lot's of broken watches out there that Samsung will have to deal with.

Mine.....you guessed it......RMA'd and sending in for repair or replacement. I rather have a new replaced unit then a fixed one at this point.

Hope this process is fast. Purchased LTE stainless steel version and got junk. If you have issues just call for service. If you bought at launch chances are they knew they had issues and waited for warranty to expire to launch features and those that don't work will have to pay for their mistake.

So send it in asap for repair/replacement.

I had to uninstall faces just to get enough room to install the update. Then you had to go find the ECG app and plug in. Pulse oximiter? Not sure it really had it or its another plug-in and from what I could tell the BP is not done by the watch but just a manual entry.

Yeah, lots of promises and a crappy delivery. After having 4 Samsung smart watches this may be my last. Apple has crushed it but I'm an Android guy so unless Apple makes a round classic watch that will work on android I'll either buy  one of something else or just get a cheap health band. 

Think this division will be toast if they don't get their stuff together. Good luck to everyone else that is having this issue.

Oh, and make something with at least 16GB. Is it to hard to add more starage after 4 years?