JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 9/26/20 2:26 PM)
Kasim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

When will you release ECG update for galaxy active 2 smart watch?

417 Replies
userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

so you say you made ecg work on an iphone?

0 Likes
Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Response to JLA781

You may have missed my response to your first post on page 4 of this thread.

If Samsung simply wanted a competitive advantage why didn't they adverise in large, bold font that this exciting new feature will only work on our phones!!! Here's a link to our store so you can select your new phone today!!!

Also, I'd like to ask a question. Have you ever made a purchase and then found out that your purchase didn't meet your needs and then return it? If you haven't, you are probably the rare exception. I would return my Active 2 in a heartbeat if I wasn't past the return deadline. The only reason I'm past the return deadline is that Samsung had not gotten FDA approval, but promised it was forthcoming soon. So, stupid me, I waited -- and am now in the possession of a watch whigh, admittedly, I like, but does not have the heavily promoted functionality that caused me to select this watch over other alternatives.

I think the delay because of the FDA approval makes this a pretty unique situation in combination with the promotion that in no way indicated that this was a Samsung-phone only feature.

BobGuthrie
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is a second try to ask this question, as I can't find the original post on the site (deleted?/locked?):

Hallo;

New Samsung Galaxy Watch3 user (former Fitbit, Mac head with no Apple Watch [six different models, still stuck at 18 hours max battery time?, no thanks]), bought the device in time for the new ECG feature.

Unfortunately, it needs an app named "Samsung Health Monitor" (not "Samsung Health"), but I can't find it anywhere on the Galaxy app for IOS or within the watch's Galaxy Store (there was an update a couple of days ago for the Watch3/Tizen OS software, but that didn't seem to be related to the Samsung Health Monitor app).

Any other users, Mac heads or not, that may have a solution?. Thanks in advance.

cheers!

userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

It is ridicules how Samsung is taking this topic of his support ! All of a sudden there is an answer from 2 weeks ago under my last answer in this thread.

So they make it hard to follow up with the topic!

Oh Samsung you lost it

Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not only that, I just noticed that my feedback on one posters comments has been deleted. Maybe we all need to move to a non-Samsung forum. Will try one more time.

This is different than Apple, XBox vs PS4, etc. I was promised a function and told FDA approval was just around the corner. Waited for FDA approval and now find out, when it's too late to return, that the promoted function doesn't work on my phone. Why would I make the assumption that it would work? Seems like all the other watch apps work with my Pixel 3a. Just this one function -- the one that caused me to decide on the Samsung brand -- doesn't work.

useryLhMHCHTHU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dears, 

When is planned to activate ECG for non Samsung mobile phones?

It was not written anywhere that the ECG on samsung galaxy watch 3 will work only with a Galaxy phone.

What's the reason for not activating it on other android phones? 

Kr, 

Andreas 

user5JUD2QVPBK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any word from Samsung if they plan to make ECG/Samsung Health Monitor available to non-Samsung Android phones or Apple Devices?

There is no reason why this feature should not be released to those of us with non-Samsung devices when all Galaxy Watches were marketed as this function will be available once cleared by FDA (or other country governing bodies). It said nothing to the extent that this major selling feature would be limited to Samsung-only phones. 

This is false advertising at it's best and honestly, Samsung would be smart to release Samsung Health Monitor for all Android and iOS phones, or combine it into Samsung Health and include the ECG feature otherwise I can foresee a class action lawsuit coming. You sold at least two watches now with the promise of ECG, and it's greedy to lock it down to sell more phones. Ridiculous. 

user5JUD2QVPBK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I feel your pain as an Android user. We're paywalled behind one of the deciding factors between WearOS/Fitbit. Our current choice is to switch phones if we want to use an ECG that was promised to all watch buyers once it cleared FDA.

There is no reason why this feature should not be released to those of us with non-Samsung devices when all Galaxy Watches were marketed as this function will be available once cleared by FDA (or other country governing bodies). It said nothing to the extent that this major selling feature would be limited to Samsung-only phones. 

This is false advertising at it's best and honestly, Samsung would be smart to release Samsung Health Monitor for all Android and iOS phones, or combine it into Samsung Health and include the ECG feature otherwise I can foresee a class action lawsuit coming. You sold at least two watches now with the promise of ECG, and it's greedy to lock it down to sell more phones. Ridiculous. 

userPz5NdvX88f
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just chatted with Samsung support and I was told that "it will be available soon" for non-galaxy phones, but there is no official release date. I guess we'll see if that's true. I only got the Active 2 with the promise of ECG/EKG. I'll be very disappointed, and probably won't buy Samsung again, if they don't release the feature for all phones.

userUqJ8STYuFV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also agreed. I would like Samsung to make an announcement ASAP. If this ECG is never going to be supported, then presumably neither will blood pressure. Regardless of the latter, we have paid for one or more features they will not provide. I have only 20 days to return my Galaxy Watch3 LTE, which I will. Hence my urgency. If Samsung does not make an announcement by Tuesday US, it has to go back.