JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 03:34 PM)
Kasim
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

When will you release ECG update for galaxy active 2 smart watch?

417 Replies
DragonSoull
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
so it is not just because samsung choose this, the FDA specifically stated that it would only approve it if it was limited to samsung phones. Not only that but for the first smart watch to receive Federal approval to perform it, it makes sense that they would limit it to thier phones anyways. Samsung makes some of the best phones and I have yet to find another android phone that is better.
and as for the fit bit version it is not fda approved so feel free to use that but it is not accurate and has lead to misdiagnosis.
0 Likes
userIHzsSO8LWH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where did you hear that FDA limited this feature to Samsung phones only?

userI240rzB3o0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

nowhere, he is just dreaming!

Tomel
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok, give us an FDA or a Samsung link that says that. If it's there, I sure haven't seen it.

0 Likes
LLcdPH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased the Watch Active 2 because it was supposed to be getting ECG detection.  When that didn't come and they promised it on the Watch 3, I upgraded.  And now I'm seeing that this is only if you're using a Galaxy phone?  That was never specified in the advertising for this feature.  There's no reason the app shouldn't work on my Pixel 4 XL.  I'd like my money back unless this is available for other phones now.  False advertising is frowned upon by the Texas AG.

mcdonsco
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
agreed, pretty angry myself, it's the ENTIRE REASON I bought the watch 3 (I have a heart condition I want to monitor more closely) and I only use a Samsung phone now and then but I happened to be using one when I got the watch so I didn't know and didn't find out until after the return period was up. Pretty ticked.
KennyBVA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

100% agree. I ordered this especially for ECG and I have a Pixel 4 XL also. If Samsung doesn't rectify this, I will never buy another Samsung product whether it be a TV or whatever.

Av76
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ecg app came in the new release of samsung watch 3 however it asks to download samsung health monitor to enable the function...the health monitor is not supported in the current country ...kindly advise 
0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are you in the US?
0 Likes
userwj1ILIf7T9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do I need to be in the US? I have the same issue described above. (watch active 2)

0 Likes