Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

What is the refund process, please.. 

Highlighted

I called 800-SAMSUNG.

Explained I bought for the ECG feature.

Pointed out, when I bought, the ECG feature was suppose to come out 1st quarter 2020.  Later Samsung changed it to April 2020, and now there is no date.

I said I couldn't continue to wait, while others had the feature working.

The person took my information.  A few weeks later I got and email from the refund and exchanges group asking for my receipt.

Later I spoke to another Samsung employee about doing a direct deposit or check (up to 18 business days).

Hope it works out for you.

Highlighted

See below for my experience.

I plan on getting the Samsung watch, but only once it has all the features working!

Fool me once shame on you!  Fool me twice shame on me.

Right now a Timex type watch works fine.  I'll spend $500 (w/tax) on a Samsung watch only after the reviews on all the features are in and others/third parties says the watch works great.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Do you have a link to the cnet article?  The Galaxy Watch 3 uses exactly the same sensors as the Active 2. And during the Samsung Unpacked 2020 stream, they announced the app was approved by the FDA and was coming to all "devices" soon. ie- more than 1 device. Only two Samsung devices I know have an ECG...

Highlighted
Constellation

I believe they are referring to this article where it says that they did not get FDA clearance:  www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/ekg-feature-samsung-galaxy-watch-3-finally-got-fda-clearance/

Highlighted
Halo

OK, I have not read all 14 pages in this thread so maybe the answer is there, but I don't understand why this is when Apple watch has the clearance? This means the Samsung implementation of ECG monitoring is not acceptable to the FDA?

Highlighted
Halo

Highlighted
Asteroid

*in Korea"

Rest of countries will be as soon as possible. It is the same story all over again. Pretty sure I will not have ECG on my watch on my country for a long time. Maybe never

Highlighted
Asteroid

Let's be positive.  Per this URL, ECG is 100% going to happen on Active 2.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/events/unpacked/

58:55

When?  App will be released when it rolls out on Watch 3 update; well before Christmas.

Highlighted
Supernova

BIG NEWS @Kasim 

ECG is a go in Korea, and I suspect will be coming to USA shortly --> https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-watch-active-2-ecg-support-is-a-go-at-least-in-south-korea/

Recent FDA approval is a GREAT sign --> https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-watch-3-watch-active-2-fda-clearance-US-ecg-activatio...

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!