cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: ECG update for galaxy watch active 2

Samsung also chose to put it on the market and tell everyone it was coming at the beginning of the year. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Atleast they tried to give us an eta. Companies can't control the speed of things like that and as a business move you need to estimate things sometimes.

Highlighted
Constellation

the people chose to buy it

Highlighted

@user7t3gLIhJGz wrote:

I chose to buy it with the promise / understanding the ECG and fall down support would be there by end of first quarter 2020.  I took Samsung at their word and would not have bought otherwise.

I feel defrauded and stolen from in regards to this watch.

Yes, we chose based upon Samsung's word to have it to us.  Samsung failed and doesn't even know if or when or if they will ever release the full product.

My personal guess - there is a hardware defect.  Samsung hopes to fix it with software, which will fail.  Samsung doesn't want to do a recall, which is the only real solution.

Highlighted

@user7t3gLIhJGz wrote:

Just got off the phone with Samsung and they are accepting refund requests for the Active 2 watch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried to get a refund and they will not do any refund unless I can prove they said the ECG Fall detect would be released... they have removed everything from their website stating so. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Do you have any proof you can provide I.e screen shot from their website that says this? They have deleted everything pertaining to ECG and fall detect, and are denying this was ever on their website and won't provide a refund. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

This was one of the main reasons I purchased the watch. I realize they are waiting on FDA approval, but they should not have advertised it as coming in the first quarter of 2020. It makes one wonder if we'll see it at all.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Agreed, Samsungmight not be having control on FDA. But who prevents them from providing the status regarding what's going on with their FDA approval? If the FDA can apple apple watch, they would for Samsung, unless Samsung proves that they are accurate enough.

BTW , Samsung has an old tradition of keeping it's customers in uncertainty when it comes to updates.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung makes alot of medical devices all the time that are FDA certified. This should have fallen into alike device approve. Many devices get put on market because they do same thing as other approve. Apple got it fast cause there apple. I'm sure alot of money passed hands. Look up Samsung medical equipment. Then look up apple it's the whole reason I got this watch. The active 3 going to be out soon. Samsung done the blood pressure with the first active and is was very limited. I'm about done buying anything from them unless it has features already on. Now they can blame COVID-19