cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Ecg approval

Any word on when the ecg will be approved on the Galaxy watch 2? And will there be a fall detection like the Apple watch?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Ecg approval

Few weeks ago I spoke with support and they cant guarantee the ECG on the Active 2. It is in the works, as they said. VERY BAD for Samsung. VERY! If we dont get the ECG im ditching everything from Samsung

Highlighted
Halo

Re: Ecg approval

@userk2TGTD8zAf wrote:

Few weeks ago I spoke with support and they cant guarantee the ECG on the Active 2. It is in the works, as they said. VERY BAD for Samsung. VERY! If we dont get the ECG im ditching everything from Samsung

I'm not so concerned with the ECG function, my heart is okay, no AFIB.  However if I did have AFIB I would be interested in that feature.  Instead, I'm more interested in the fall detection, for at my age (72) that's a very real possibility.  In addition, the Apple watch will call 911 (emergency services) even if the watch is not connected to a carrier.  The LTE version is required, but that little bit of confidence goes a long way toward pointing the nod to the Apple Watch vs. the Active 2.  I've asked Samsung if the watch (LTE Version) will dial 911 if a fall is detected, and was told they simply had no idea.  They said it would call my "emergency contacts", but they didn't say if it had to be connected to a carrier.  Since the "emergency contacts" are not on the "Emergency grid" that is required in the US to be able to reach in any situation, I doubt that Samsung will move to the level of the Apple in that regard.