Original topic:

Feature Request: Bring Back Active Seconds Hand during Always On Display for the Galaxy Watch 3

(Topic created on: 11/23/20 3:52 PM)
money4me247
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It looks like the active moving seconds hand and changing seconds digit that shows up during the Always On Display has been removed from all preloaded watch faces on the Galaxy Watch 3.

This feature was available select preloaded watch faces on all prior models from the Gear S3 Frontier/Classic, Galaxy Watch (original 2018), and Galaxy Active/Active2.

I would like to request that this feature be brought back to the Galaxy Watch 3. Thank you.

userCUJPnXgrNQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
we need seconds in the healthcare field
userxOGAnyr197
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same situation for the Galaxy Watch 2.  Please bring the seconds back to AOD!

SamsungZell
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your feedback and ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userBhu7TSUfCo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Like many, many others I also specifically chose GWA2 because of a more fully functional AOD. I really disliked that on my old Wear OS fossil watch that the AOD was a watered down version of what you'd normally see while the watch was awake (gray-scale with no second hand or immediate updates) and now very disappointed to see that my Samsung watch has gone the same way. 

Can't you leave it down to individual users to choose if they are willing to sacrifice battery life for a fully featured AOD?

userW6ZGYOYxCC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any update on this feature?!

userbhu2AvRgDd
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please bring it back to samsung galaxy watch 2

As a doctor it is a must have. Otherwise I can't use this watch.

Don't know whose brilliant idea itvwas to remove it from all watch faces. 

Please bring it back. 

userSEE1yYRwuo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Please do more than thank everyone for our feedback and bring back the second hand and digital second counter!
userATmZofQzQH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

⚠ This is critical

It is imperative that the team understands that while you can add features, you can "never ever" remove potentially useful features. It's just a really bad practice that disturbs how people use and perceive the product. Maybe it is about battery life but that would be where the point is missed. People should have an option as to whether there should be AOD seconds or not. Perhaps a toggle or an option in customization. Completely removing it is not the solution.

As I am not the only one requesting this, it would be greatly appreciated if this gets resolved with high priority. Thank you! :)

userLvJM8JEdlP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This resonates my thoughts exactly! The beauty of android over apple is the fact that Android provides options! Not giving us the option to choose the second hands over battery life is not what made me choose android. 

userW6ZGYOYxCC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This ^^^

0 Likes