cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Feature Request: Desactivate long press on home screen to change watch face

Hello,

as background, my wife has the Watch Active and I have the Active 2 44mm and we face the same issue.

Depending on what we wear of clothes (shirt, jacket, etc...) the cloth start touching the watch face without movement and the watch starts to change of watch face automatically.... Really annoying.

We both do not change often our watch faces. When you find the one you like, most of us usually do not change every day.

Therefore, it would be very practical to have an option in the parameter of the watch to be able to desactivate the long press on the home screen to change the watch faces.

Sound stupid but we both believe this is an easy feature to add but that many people would appreciate it. Changing faces would be enabled by default as usually when you receive your watch you want to change every 10 minute and then you never change it anymore.

Thanks Samsung as we love your products !

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Feature Request: Desactivate long press on home screen to change watch face

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Highlighted
Constellation

Please escalae this.  The feature serves no purpose and I had to disable touch to wake (useful) to stop this from happening all the time (not useful).

Highlighted
Astronaut

Has there been any update on this? Not being able to cross my arms is driving me crazy.

Highlighted
Constellation

Agreed - pls escelate - I cant cross my arms in a tee shirt without setting it off and also it wakes me up in the night by vibrating as it thinks I have long pressed it to change the face. It is a very significant flaw. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I would love this to happen as well.  I'm contsantly activating this. 

Removing the tap activation doesn't work, and removes a Feature i do use constantly. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes, this! I trigger it unintentionally all the time and it's my biggest annoyance about the Active 2. 

Astronaut

Please add a setting to disable this.  I rarely change my watch face so the quick access to change it is completely unnecessary

Highlighted
Constellation

Agreed. Every time I cross my arms, the watch face selection screen opens. My wife has the same issue. I will be changing to another smart watch for my next purchase unless this is fixed. Love the watch except for this but it happens multiple times per day.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi there! I got this watch today and fixed this by going into settings  > watch faces > select watch face > customize. it will default to background. Select ok. Scroll to the right and hit the minus sign to delete all but the watch face you like. The touch will no longer change the face. 

@user3Hdo4q3jgM