cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Feature Request: Desactivate long press on home screen to change watch face

This didn't work for me. There are stock faces that I can't seem to uninstall.

Highlighted
Constellation

I was able to disable the other faces in the wearable app but not on the watch. It does NOT disable the long press however. Now my only option when selecting faces on watch is my current watch face and galaxy store. This is not an actual solution since it will still go to the selection on long press. I'm going to try disabling touch wakeup as another commenter suggested. I think it will only help a small amount.  

Highlighted
Constellation

didn't work for me either 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same for me. needs to be an option to disable Tap and Hold to change watch face. happens multiple times a day when I cross my arms. 😔🤬
Highlighted
Constellation

Fuly agreed. It would be great if Samsung (or Tizen) would consider the following improvements:

1. Reduce the active area that calls the watchface chooser like in Wear OS. Here, the active area is only a central circle with about half the radius of the screen. This is not the full solution, but it makes it less prone to happen.

2. Make an option to completely disable the long tap shortcut and have an extra icon in the top shelf or in the app menu for the watchface chooser.

Interestingly, both options would have an important added benefit for the user community: the fact that watchface designers could make use of the long press to control functions of the watchface itself.

I say this as part of the Cronosurf team. We made the chronograph watchface Cronosurf Wave for Android and Wear OS (the best chronograph design according to many of our users; over a million downloads!). We've had many requests to release this watchface for Samsung watches (Tizen). However, since the functionality of the watchface is huge, the watchface has five on-screen buttons and they can all be long pressed. We are really struggling to find a viable solution, and we believe that any possible solution without the long press option would make a poor user experience.

So, if anyone responsible in Samsung/Tizen reads this, please take our feedback seriously - it will only make your products better!

Highlighted
Constellation

Fully agreed. It would be great if Samsung (or Tizen) would consider the following improvements:

1. Reduce the active area that calls the watchface chooser like in Wear OS. Here, the active area is only a central circle with about half the radius of the screen. This is not the full solution, but it makes it less prone to happen.

2. Make an option to completely disable the long tap shortcut and have an extra icon in the top shelf or in the app menu for the watchface chooser.

Interestingly, both options would have an important added benefit for the user community: the fact that watchface designers could make use of the long press to control functions of the watchface itself.

I say this as part of the Cronosurf team. We made the chronograph watchface Cronosurf Wave for Android and Wear OS (the best chronograph design according to many of our users). We've had many requests to release this watchface for Samsung watches (Tizen). However, since the functionality of the watchface is huge, the watchface has five on-screen buttons and they can all be long pressed. We are really struggling to find a viable solution, but we believe that any solution without the long press option would make a poor user experience.

So, if anyone responsible in Samsung/Tizen reads this, please take our feedback seriously - it will only make your products better!