JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request: Manually be able to set the time zone or time on the Galaxy watch 5 Pro

(Topic created: 11-14-2022 05:37 AM)
knavs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I live in GMT +10 time zone but work in GMT +11 time zone. 

I set my watch manually to the GMT +11 time zone and it always manually reverts to the GMT +10 time zone. My phone is manually set to +11 time zone and has no issues. I don't like my Bluetooth always on my watch unless I need it, but if it is on, it connects to my phone and corrects it to the manually set zone GMT +11. This is even if the settings on the watch don't direct to do so.ie sync time with the phone. No matter what setting I use, unless I'm connected to my phone via Bluetooth, the watch reverts to the time of my physical location ie GMT +10. I think it uses my location via GPS or wifi or 4g tower, and just always overrides (does not happen right away, it automatically reverts after a random period of time). If I have wifi/gps/4g/bluetooth all off it will keep the manually set time, but I cant exactly leave these all off.

So frustrating that I can't manually set my own time, basically have an expensive watch that cant be configured to display the time I want it to display. Please fix so that I can manually set any time I want, regardless of my physical location.

I have a galaxy 5 pro watch.

6 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not a full solution, but I know there are clock faces that let you show 2 time zones. If not a full fix, this might help you out a little bit. I have an Active2 and Active4 where this is possible. Assuming it also is the the Active5.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
knavs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hmm.. appreciate your response but yeah that does not really help me at all. Everything from alarms will be impacted, not to mention being forced to view two time zones on your $650 smart watch. I don't think it's a big ask that Samsung actually fixes this, is not an unusual feature to ask for configuring the time manually.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I would think you'd be able to somehow tell it to use the current time zone based on your location.

CWinkler
0 Likes
knavs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I'm not sure you understood my issue which is strange as your last post seemed like it did understand, maybe its a typo. As per my post, i want to enter the time manually rather than use a time zone. This feature is broken on galaxy watch 4 and 5 (i have the watch 5), it really needs to be raised as a bug or "feature" update.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

You're right, after re-reading your original post I'm not sure I understand. Sorry for not being able to help.

CWinkler
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes