JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Feature Request: Seconds indication on AOD

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 05:17 PM)
userkFp4cNhYqy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm making this probably unfruitful post because I've found two older posts (to which I can't reply) complaining about the seconds hand on AOD being taken on updates. Both posts had plenty of replies with my exact use case: healthcare in need of some sort of seconds indication on the AOD, because it's not always that we can fancy tapping the screen or a button. In some cases, like a veterinarian stated, you can't ever do that. I am a student and smartwatches are expensive by any means on my country, and the only reason I was considering a Samsung watch is because I needed the AOD, and Samsung's AOD implementation is by far the best I've seen. However, without this feature, the watch would be just a fancy fitness tracker, for which I don't care enough and, if I cared, I could buy some other brand and pay less for just the features I needed. I think there are easily a lot of people working in some field that need seconds tracking without touching a device, and even some considerable number that wouldn't mind charging their watch everyday if they could track the seconds for their workout or whatever without touching anything, so the option to show it is quite sensible. As it is right now, I can't even program the watch to stay up for 5 minutes and just turn my wrist, because it will only stay up for about 5 seconds in this situation. Samsung is no doubt loosing some sells (or at least making people really angry) for such a simple (and previously existing) feature, one that so far I cound't find in any other smartwatch of any brand. It's always been an Android battle cry to give users the choice. If I wanted to buy some expensive stuff that doesn't ever give me options to decide what I want and for some reason lacked some basic features, I would be buying another certain brand. I'm reeeeeally happy my friend, who has an Active 2, thought it was a good idea to share this detail with me before I bought a watch for this simple, obvious and in some cases vital (literally) feature.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
userQCPJxnGA89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Until we get back a full AOD watch face, with moving second hand, I won't be using my watch anymore and will not upgrade my Samsung watch. I'll be using my Garmin Fenix 6 until Samsung brings it back. 

Solution
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes