Original topic:

Finally. Notifications on the Galaxy Watch 4 and staying Unlocked!

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 05:24 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
So. I'll say. I ranted and raved how notifications were not coming through or were a hit or miss on the Galaxy Watch 4. I was mad and frustrated. Then found out maybe it's the tattoos and not making contact with my skin right. Well my Galaxy Active 2 worked correctly no issues. So cleaned it real good. Changed everything in the settings on the phone and app to no avail. Deleted end redownload we the app, restarted it over and reset it over and over. I was getting ready to send this back. So then. I pushed it up my wrist about an inch from where I used to wear it. You can see my tan line a little from where I always wear my watches. Hours and hours later and I'm still receiving notifications and it's staying Unlocked took it off and on and put it in the same spot and it has been fine. Used Google Pay twice with no problems today. This has been the culprit. So for everyone complaining about notifications being a hit or miss, do this. Put it higher on your wrist and make sure the band is snug. I have a stretch band that I can adjust to make tighter. Not super tight but having it on the skin good. I believe the bone in my wrist might have caused the issue. Never had a problem with my other galaxy watches but this one just has to be this way. And guess what? I have tattoos as you can see. No problems. I'm finally happy.

3 Replies
Ziltaris
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Says to keep it a inch above the wrist joint
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah but that's not the way I normally wear watches. But weird how it's fine now
0 Likes
userKMWbW7Btsp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Or they could allow us the same setting they've had on every model before this one that allowed notifications to come through even if the watch "thought" you weren't wearing it. Seems like a ridiculous app setting to remove on this brand new watch..... my arms are tattooed and I'm running into the exact same issues. I shouldn't have to wear my watch higher on my wrist, just allow us to choose to have notifications at all times Samsung. Bring back the setting in the pic please. Screenshot_20210915-012433_Gallery_16308.jpg